1. Carlos Tejeda's rating of the film The Green Room

Artículo ("Kane3"): https://lamiradadealbert.wordpress.com/2007/09/06/la-muerte-segun-francois-truffaut/

2. FISCHER's rating of the film The Green Room

Un sujet des plus intéressants que François Truffaut, acteur et réalisateur, n'arrive jamais à rendre passionnant. C'est en effet mortellement insipide et fort mal interprété... www.cinefiches.com

3. AdrianM.'s rating of the film The Green Room

4. Andrew Miller's rating of the film The Green Room

The film that encouraged me to revisit Henry James-- for that alone I cherish this strange artifact.

5. José Neves's rating of the film The Green Room

Truffaut is undeniably the great heir of a non discursive narrative cinema, allusively artistic, romanesque. Maybe that's why his films from literary works or its suggestions, like this film, are among his most remarkable movies: there's a writing larger that its imagery and an imagery deeply inscribed in its writing. This film is a summary of the pictorial and literary qualities that an aching vision may invoke.

6. Yumi Kaioh's rating of the film The Green Room

we have to take care of our deads

7. Stephane Tanaka's rating of the film The Green Room

A very cold Truffaut like he didn't use to do. And Absolutely perfect around Samhain-like festivities <3

8. Ramón Herrera's rating of the film The Green Room

I don't think I've ever felt so uncomfortable while watching a movie before, yet so warm and moved. Truffaut made a truly morbid and agonizing love letter to the past, to the incapability of accepting disappointments and looking forward. Almendros' photography is gorgeous as usual and, along Jaubert's incredible music, it creates a beautiful and gloomy atmosphere that won't leave anyone unshaken.

9. Jeremy Ashlyn's rating of the film The Green Room

Interesting/boring. Occasionally Truffaut will remember what makes a Film (capital F) but never what drives a story.

10. Johan DF's rating of the film The Green Room

aka : The Vanishing Fiancée

11. Guillaume Dupuis's rating of the film The Green Room

12. souvik's rating of the film The Green Room

Films of Truffaut were very adorable to me. After watching this all I can say is that I like to worship him. How important it is to treasure up memories and value them with care, generosity and love.Truffaut is one of the truest artists of life with exceptional penetrating insight. Orhan Pamuk's 'Istanbul' mesmerized me recently at such level.

13. Federico Di Folco's rating of the film The Green Room

Truffaut,ancora una volta,rinnova ed arricchisce il suo cinema con un'altra gemma,un film sulla memoria e sull'incapacità di elaborare il lutto.Il protagonista(il regista stesso) è un uomo ossessionato dai propri morti a tal punto da rinunciare ai "suoi" vivi ed alla vita stessa per crogiolarsi nelle tenebre dell'ineluttabilità.Campi stretti e carrellate da estasi.Un film originale,da vedere e rivedere.4*

14. Lefteris Becerra's rating of the film The Green Room

vaya empecinamiento tétrico... angustia existencial sin salida, un tío sin pulsiones vitales...

15. Jaspar Lamar Crabb's rating of the film The Green Room

Extremely meloncholy late Truffaut. It's dream-like with stunning photography and the great Nathalie Baye

16. Lars Ole Kristiansen's rating of the film The Green Room

Truffaut himself said of the film: "It's a bit like a declaration of love, and is neither depressing, nor morbid nor sad." Spot on. And therefore a tedious film. And while Truffaut is one of the great masters of cinema, he's not a very good actor. The film suffers from his flat and soulless performance. Nestor Almendros dark cinematography is beautiful though, as usual. (D)

17. Slowart's rating of the film The Green Room

truffaut adds new depths to henry james's parable and carefully tranfers the ephemeral feeling of spirituality from the short story, moreover he does a great job as an actor not overreacting but at the same time conveying every little emotion of his fragile character, but nathalie baye ruins the movie, she is dull and not eccentric enough for the part

18. Sean Keeley's rating of the film The Green Room

This is very much an auteur's film: the green room can be seen as a metaphor for Truffaut's celebration of bygone directors, while his performance is self-critical, depicting a melancholy loner too taken with his own obsessions to connect with other people. The musty brown-and-green cinematography combined with the solemn music contribute greatly to the film's atmosphere, though for me it is not quite a masterpiece.

19. chanandre's rating of the film The Green Room

[Cinémathèque PT #134: 35 mm]

20. All Is Grace's rating of the film The Green Room

A fine film on the subject of death (obsession with death, to be exact) and life from Truffaut. I didn't find it perfect though, just pretty good. 4 stars from 5.

21. deoliolioxensmee's rating of the film The Green Room

Truffaut's most under-appreciated film and perhaps the best film on the subject of death.

22. Mark Kasten's rating of the film The Green Room

A beautiful film that has suffered to the purgatory of lack of and undeserving releases. Definitely Truffaut's unseen masterpiece. A beautiful, passionate, and mysterious film that, especially with Truffaut playing his own lead, lays out the directors soul for all to see. Melancholic and uplifting at once. A truly rewarding and unique film experience.