1. Aivaras_Z's rating of the film The Grey Zone

Unpolished, especially when it comes to building atmosphere (maybe familiar Hollywood bad-boy faces are to blame?). Leaves an impression though and tackles the extremely complex topic of the Sonderkommandos and their dilemmas when choosing between survival and humanity.

2. J.J. 'Jake' Gittes's rating of the film The Grey Zone

This is a chamber play. What makes it so special? It leads us, you and me, instantly and individually, right into „the grey zone“. In other words, it ultimatively raises the question: how far would you go to survive? You have to ask yourself: what I would have done? What is dignity, humanity? And it also shows that at least a few Jews took their fate in their own hands.

3. Johnny DuBiel's rating of the film The Grey Zone

While it could have possibly been greater in the hands of a more seasoned and capable director (it feels oddly stagey and not all that cinematic), Nelson's film is still powerful. There are a lot of elements that don't work, but the final product still manages to curiously stay with you. The message at the film's end crystallizes everything that preceded it, and packs a surprising punch.

4. Bret Bynum's rating of the film The Grey Zone

Few films have put the holocaust into perspective for me like this film has. This movie tears me apart. This movie will leave you completely breathless.