1. Ann Burden's rating of the film The Grey

2. Cartaphilus's rating of the film The Grey

3. JasonAv's rating of the film The Grey

4. Amanda A.Costa's rating of the film The Grey

CGI Effects were so disappointed, otherwise we would have a great film about survival cause the tension is well applied. Liam Neeson is nice as usual, he s definitely now a reference in action movies, or even drama in this case. So visually, this movie has defaults, still good entertaining though.

5. Mark O. Stack's rating of the film The Grey

A film about survival that understands man vs. nature is always about man vs. himself. Very Jack London.

6. Dogukan4Ever's rating of the film The Grey

7. Chihao Tsang's rating of the film The Grey

Overall ok movie, good performance by Liam, but too generic a plot.

8. Terry_Moby's rating of the film The Grey

The always reliable Neeson in a good old-fashioned man against nature adventure story with some existentialist undertones. Good music, great camerawork.

9. Ryuu Baron's rating of the film The Grey

10. Dalibor's rating of the film The Grey

Movie tries to explore the psychology of facing death (with each occurring in a different way for a different reason), although wolves as a main allegory for it are presented rather unconvincingly. It's aesthetics and an eventful script turned it into a fine thriller, but it fell short in achieving elaborate drama, as most of the (secondary) characters offered way too little outside cliche character lines.

11. Mia Calavera's rating of the film The Grey

Although the plot is rather unconvincing, the underlying psychological battle in dealing with death does come through. I gave it 4 stars because it has Liam Neeson and it made me curious about the short story on which it is based on.

12. RoRoRoro's rating of the film The Grey

13. Gabriel's rating of the film The Grey

Overrated movie. We all know what is gonna happen at the very first, so the movie starts just after the first half and hour. And after that we have a lineal script which move us always forward with a few breaks for out of timing existentialism. But after that, Neeson's interpretation is great, tension and fear have been well achieved, and the final scene is the kind of endings that I particularly like to watch.

14. chanandre's rating of the film The Grey

That poignant shot of Ottway (oddway?) lookin' up & cussing to "god", asking for a shot at surviving, begging for a miracle. How Bergman-y/Dreyer-y was that? No use>they all die. No country for men. No forgiveness. No redemption. No happy ending. Most, decent family men. Wallets collected as dog tags off of fallen soldiers. Wolves' den as hell.THE best plane crash I've seen on the last decade(puts "Flight" to shame).

15. Nick Schwab's rating of the film The Grey

A literate Hollowoodized action-thriller in these modern times? Yup. The Grey is a film that despite its action-blockbuster elements is still heartfelt. It's an existentialist mediation on death, mortality, and what it means to be (and to stay) alive. One of the most poetic and affecting films with blockbuster elements in the post-modern age. It has it all, from: action, to drama, emotion, and (gasp!) higher meaning.

16. Emma Joye's rating of the film The Grey

17. mjgildea's rating of the film The Grey

Once The Grey was over, I didn't exactly feel like I was missing out by not seeing it sooner, but I definitely felt like more of a man for seeing it. Not a ton in the way of character development but what the audience was given was great (namely Dermot Mulrooney's final scene.) The final minute kind of makes the movie and gave me a whole new appreciation for Liam Neeson.

18. dave gunn's rating of the film The Grey

A no-holds-barred match between human and non-human animal. This was suspenseful as fuck.

19. CinemaDead's rating of the film The Grey

it's man against nature or man against himself?

20. rrrno's rating of the film The Grey

Solo falto que los lobos bailaran can can, pelĂ­cula sin pies ni cabezas, una reverenda mierda.

21. dschank's rating of the film The Grey

while not perfect, i thought this was a surprisingly badass and occasionally even well-scripted bit of manly indulgence. sure, it's a movie where liam neeson is HUNTED DOWN BY WOLVES, but if you can stomach the premise, it's also tense, fun and enjoyably bleak. and dare i say it? i actually thought the subplot with the pseudo-bad-guy was genuinely heartfelt and well-rendered. watch this instead of "prometheus."

22. msmichel's rating of the film The Grey

Carnahan's Liam Neeson vehicle "The Grey" is the best man vs beast story to come along in quite some time. Not since 'Wolf' with Peter Stormare or perhaps 'The Edge' from director Lee Tamahori have we had a survival story like this one. Neeson plays a variation on every character he's played of late but it works. Well shot and edited with just enough testerone and suspence to keep us happy. Great animantronics.

23. W2's rating of the film The Grey

Loved it. First, I enjoyed the tangible disappointment of theater goers who thought the ending would be different. Second, tattered soaking wet sweater, electrical taped survival knife to one hand and broken cocktail bottles in the other will make a perfectly absurd Halloween costume. Third, genuinely fun and scary moments throughout. And finally, woof.

24. Cole Caudle's rating of the film The Grey

All anyone wanted was to see Neeson tape broken mini-bottles of liquor to his fists and punch the shit out of a wolf, and the film absolutely messes that up in favour of a mawkish and trite attempt at being meaningful. No thank you. My needs from this film were simple and yet it utterly failed to deliver them. Bah.

← Previous 1 3 4 5