1. FISCHER's rating of the film The Gunfighter

Une superbe interprétation de Grégory Peck, intériorisé et désabusé... www.cinefiches.com

2. Rahul Shrivastav's rating of the film The Gunfighter

3. JonMB's rating of the film The Gunfighter

You can debate whether, Jimmy Ringo, the main character in this film is actually based on the real-life character Johnny Ringo. Nevertheless, this is a great film and Gregory Peck (one of my favorite western actors) is once again superb. In fact, every performance is outstanding. Historically accurate? Maybe not. Few westerns are. Nevertheless, this movie should not be missed.

4. William's rating of the film The Gunfighter

Maybe it's just the ticking clock, but there's a dash of Dreyer in this one.

5. SpacePirate's rating of the film The Gunfighter

One of the best westerns period. Essential viewing for fans of the genre

6. chanandre's rating of the film The Gunfighter

65 years old. That's this movie's age. It's a veteran, alright. No wrinkles to be found. It's the definition of a Classic: timeless. Presenting one of the best Western characters I've ever had had the pleasure of meeting in my young lifetime.I've seldom seen such a guy: a hero's hero, a man's man, the definition of altruism, abnegation, and selflessness. His final moments are a testament to that [contd. in comments]

7. MS1915's rating of the film The Gunfighter

I really like the whole concept behind the film; the idea of a man with a legendary reputation who is constantly fearing for his life. It's a twist on the traditional cowboy narrative. It was also interesting seeing Peck in a role that I wouldn't ordinarily imagine. Good film.

8. José Neves's rating of the film The Gunfighter

Cinematography by Arthur C. Miller. "Desire" list. Gregory Peck five years after the leaves in his hair and Ingrid Bergman, in one of the most iconic roles of a western gunfighter, a style role model of genre/gender. Unforgettable.

9. Hyde's rating of the film The Gunfighter

I watched this recently--it's fantastic. Henry King is a pretty underrated classic Hollywood director, I think..

10. Karthik's rating of the film The Gunfighter

One of the most beautiful (and relatively early) anti-Westerns I know of, from the opening shot to the rhyming closing shot, the film is suffused with a sense of cyclical time and aging as the whittling away of life.

11. AKFilmFan's rating of the film The Gunfighter

While Peck does an admirable job and the film's message hits the nail on the head, the film as a whole is dull.

12. InsertOzuReferencehere's rating of the film The Gunfighter

A simple film about maturity and the repercussions of consequence. The cinematography is stunning and for me it's Pecks greatest performance. My all time favorite western.