1. Aardsy's rating of the film The Guns of Navarone

Perfectly fine. Also long and boring.

2. Dogukan4Ever's rating of the film The Guns of Navarone

3. Gustavo Razera's rating of the film The Guns of Navarone

Why such a lazy, low-energy performance by the usually commanding Gregory Peck? Why cheapen the script with an annoyingly moralistic character like David Niven's, who brings to memory the one José Ferrer played in The Caine Mutiny? This unassuming classic adventure/war pic has its considerable charms, though - namely Anthony Quinn, Dimitri Tiomkin and a dialogue-free shipwrecking scene.

4. THE APOLL0's rating of the film The Guns of Navarone

Unexpectedly meaningfully existential

5. Alex Vlad's rating of the film The Guns of Navarone

6. flobota's rating of the film The Guns of Navarone

7. João Eça's rating of the film The Guns of Navarone

actually quite an enjoyable movie from a mediocre director

8. Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy's rating of the film The Guns of Navarone

I cannot count how many times I have seen this film, I never really tired of it. Rather like a comfortable leather jacket that fits just so...for that reason alone I give it 5 stars! A classic adventure tale, Nazi Guns, a traitor nearly turns the mission into a disaster....Quinn's illness scene is a riot! Give em hell Niven!!

9. Christopher R. Smith's rating of the film The Guns of Navarone

Action-packed World War II epic has a great story and characters - though it doesn't quite sustain it's colossal running time. The film gets off to a slow start, but things pick up considerably in the second half, leading toward a very suspenseful and literally explosive finale. Gregory Peck, Anthony Quinn, and David Niven - all in top form - lead an excellent cast. Nice bombastic score from Dimitri Tiomkin.