1. Nick Potter's rating of the film The Headless Woman

It's a wonderful lead performance, and the writing is superb when it's in her favor, but I can't help but feel like it runs out of steam near the end.

2. DSPRKY's rating of the film The Headless Woman

The film is "about" a car accident, but it's clear that there is much more going on behind the scenes here. Look to the women in The Headless Woman: they are sick; they have fevers; their livers are failing; they are told they will infect others; they are mistaken for childless, barren women. They are eventually reduced to nothing, as is Vero when she discovers that she seems not to exist. Powerful and existential.

3. nico's rating of the film The Headless Woman

How does one film anxiety? While life goes on around Vero, she stays still, almost mute. In this apparently calm and contemplative film, Martel gives us a pretty accurate depiction of how debilitating and disturbing a person's worries can become.

4. Xexmaín's rating of the film The Headless Woman

5. Stevie's rating of the film The Headless Woman

Martel enables the viewer to experience the almost total disorientation that is also plaguing the central character following her realisation that she has knocked something over. Scenes flow with very little explanation and the constant introduction of new characters is almost impossible to decipher especially in regards to their relationship to Vero. Exposes the injustices in Argentinian society too.

6. Violet Rien's rating of the film The Headless Woman

7. Magda Magdy's rating of the film The Headless Woman

Need to have a second watching. Didn't get much out of it but left me feeling quite absorbed.

8. Atzin Ortiz González's rating of the film The Headless Woman

Lucretia Martel is an expert in the construction of perception. Her cinematic language is masterful and the way images merge with sound is no less than fantastic. An immersion into the head and soul of a woman on the edge of breakdown that represents an exquisite metaphor of Argentina's bourgeoise. A political subtext regarding the dirty war gives that particular theme a new fresh vision.

9. Eeeeeeeeeee's rating of the film The Headless Woman

5.sinif kuaforden cikma marilyn monroe impersonator teyzenin maceralari cok begendim!

10. Andrew Miller's rating of the film The Headless Woman

I remember feeling an unsettled, queasy feeling throughout this film. Probably Martel's best so far.

11. Landen Celano's rating of the film The Headless Woman

After seeing this film a few times now, there's something so elusive about the composition that's at once evocative, but hard to articulate – not sure exactly what it's saying, but the direction/cinematography has a lot to say about perspective.

12. Alex's rating of the film The Headless Woman

I'm still trying to understand Martel. Though her films intrigue me with their patience, their ability to manipulate a scene with the camera, and their incredible, detailed sound.

13. caitlin.f's rating of the film The Headless Woman

i think most people have experienced the feeling of being so consumed with worry about something that they can't think of anything else. vero is so in her own head that it's almost like she is just floating through life. very poignant.

14. 5000yearoldbogmummy//Rhett's rating of the film The Headless Woman

An eerie look at: paranoia, guilt, and sickness/injury. A middle class woman fears she has killed a person— all evidence suggests otherwise, and the film does well in presenting the 'texture' of injured/sick mental states. I feel some of my ability to connect to the film was mitigated by the language barrier, which is really nothing to stress about. An atmospheric account of guilt that was worth being challenged by.

15. mpho3's rating of the film The Headless Woman

"Martel's movie intuits and imitates Veró’s concussed state, a state which embraces evasive semi-consciousness. Shots are asymmetrically composed in such a way that we can't be sure what we are supposed to be looking at. Like Veró, the film glimpses the truth out of the corner of its eye." - Peter Bradshaw, The Guardian. Though a challenging (not quite enjoyable) viewing, I don't know why this was boo'd at Cannes.

16. dAlton Anthony's rating of the film The Headless Woman

Washing the cars. Changing the channels. Making the coffee. Planting the garden. Tending the sick. “The house is full of them. Shhhh! The dead. "They’re leaving now, don’t look at them, ignore them and they’ll leave.I would have preferred modernity. Here you move and everything squeaks.” A brooding look at the ghosts haunting Europe's incestuous diaspora as the world spins out of the past and into the future.

17. ginobartolomi's rating of the film The Headless Woman

Feels something like a modern day Jeanne Dielman...was the concussion meant to wake her up to the routine or even the boredom of her life? Or was she more lively before the accident..? The scene of Vero hitting the dog (?) and riving off itself is jolting and stunning, it makes the entire film worth watching, but I would have loved to have seen a little more character buildup prior, creating a little contrast.

18. Chris_Parker's rating of the film The Headless Woman

This is a great film. Haunting & deeply disturbing.

19. Erik F.'s rating of the film The Headless Woman

This started well but then completely fizzled out, at least for me. The last few minutes were so anti-climactic it almost seemed like a joke. Martel is clearly a talented filmmaker, though, so I'll watch her other films regardless.

20. Wee Hunk's rating of the film The Headless Woman

A little bit of class warfare. The performance by María Onetto is incredible. You don't know too much about where her head was before the accident, but the subtle transformation to what she becomes is remarkable.

21. Kyle Keymaram's rating of the film The Headless Woman

unas de las mejores peliculas que he visto en anos. gracias a martel.

22. irish_aris's rating of the film The Headless Woman

A bit slow and minimal, not very effective in carrying the emotions of Vero across. A solid performance though by Maria Onetto

23. Hannah Seitz's rating of the film The Headless Woman

a very slow movie that fucks with your head and makes you question the characters reality. don't watch if you're tired

24. AnnalieseVevo's rating of the film The Headless Woman