1. Brian O'blivion's rating of the film The Heart Is Deceitful Above All Things

Shallow-minded cruelty-fest. Argento and her cronies are the ones being deceitful by pretending there's something beneath all this shock treatment - other than their underdeveloped worldviews. I feel sorry for the talented Sprouse brothers for being dragged into this celluloid mud. And just look at the moronic comments around mine; all those empty buzzwords like 'provocative' and 'controversial'. I'm out.

2. José Neves's rating of the film The Heart Is Deceitful Above All Things

I keep a good memory of LeRoy's book and this adaptation is what was supposed to be from a tabloid non-filmmaker, made especially for the delight of her own cinematic persona as actress, invariably the "naughty girl". Resists, however, a gratifying inventory of alternate characters and paths, of an "American" mythology that borders O'Connor's ambiances and Hopper and Van Sant on the road's.

3. lina maj's rating of the film The Heart Is Deceitful Above All Things

I really enjoyed this film form-wise. Very fresh camera work and editing. Yet, content-wise it gave me a headache. I haven't decided yet, but maybe it's a good thing.

4. Max Seqgar's rating of the film The Heart Is Deceitful Above All Things

Trash horror cinema at it's... best? Traumatizing!

5. ADZERTY's rating of the film The Heart Is Deceitful Above All Things

La destruction d'un enfant prisonnier d'une mère psychotique, qui devient comme son image, et qui, paradoxalement, pour survivre, finit par aimer celle qui le détruit. En arrière-plan de cette perversion, des textes religieux sectaires, de ce genre de textes qui vous persuadent que vous êtes condamnés à l'enfer, et qui vous incitent à vous haïr et à détester la vie.

6. Ostermyers's rating of the film The Heart Is Deceitful Above All Things

7. lepetitjermey's rating of the film The Heart Is Deceitful Above All Things

film bric-à-brac avec quelques belles trouvailles (si l'on sait bien fouiller)

8. Pymo's rating of the film The Heart Is Deceitful Above All Things

9. El Biffo's rating of the film The Heart Is Deceitful Above All Things

This film is so disturbing and twisted, it isn't just controversial; I am sure that some of the people who were in it regret their involvement. Don't watch it if you are disturbed by scenes of child abuse. But as disturbing and incredibly abusive Argento is as the mom, somehow we wind up rooting for her. That's what makes this shocking film even more twisted.

10. Tigrão's rating of the film The Heart Is Deceitful Above All Things

11. ΞRIC B∆D TASTΞ's rating of the film The Heart Is Deceitful Above All Things

what a fucked up start for a life... very good & cranky road movie drama with great acting by the main actors.

12. corpseprince's rating of the film The Heart Is Deceitful Above All Things

this book means so much to me. the movie is just as great. god bless Asia Argento.

13. mooniac's rating of the film The Heart Is Deceitful Above All Things

Poisonous, stylish; more provocative than Larry Clark and more antichrist than 'Antichrist'.

14. EastyBoy's rating of the film The Heart Is Deceitful Above All Things

I agree with Jade, I didn't really see a great deal of point to this. It has a very good performance by Asia Argento but it goes nowhere and doesn't seem to say anything particularly insightful about the topic it's tackling. Worth a watch though.

15. meancreek's rating of the film The Heart Is Deceitful Above All Things

I watched this just as I was becoming a Michael Pitt fanboy, unaware he was only a supporting character, which disappointed me. The film is pretty good though, and Argento is a good director.

16. StellaWasaDiver's rating of the film The Heart Is Deceitful Above All Things

The score by Sonic Youth and the animated effects, like the red crows and the crying piece of coal, were great, but the rest of the movie didn't do anything for me.

17. Don't Get Nasty Brother's rating of the film The Heart Is Deceitful Above All Things

An obvious improvement over Scarlet Diva, especially from a directing point of view. The writing is little better as well, the only thing is that is way too depressing to actually "enjoy" the movie, but there's no point in denying it's powerful energy. Good watch.

18. Jade Eden's rating of the film The Heart Is Deceitful Above All Things

I don't know what the point of this was- except a really dismal depressing trip, albeit often with playful child-like shots. (that's good)

19. Oddly Dreamlike's rating of the film The Heart Is Deceitful Above All Things

hard to watch. hard to look away.

20. .:BuNNii:.'s rating of the film The Heart Is Deceitful Above All Things

Not bad, but not a the greatest either.. On a positive note, very well shot & very emotional. Marilyn Manson was a very weird addition to this movie.