1. the_mentaculus's rating of the film The Heroic Trio

Johnnie To may be one of the best directors working today, able to distill storymaking professionalism over and over again in a variety of genres. This happens to be To's stab at fantasy and superheros, and it turns out to be a playful all-female Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Yes, it's that awesome. Notable is Anthony Wong as some kind of Rocksteady, which is, shockingly, not his weirdest role.

2. Slappy McGee's rating of the film The Heroic Trio

(2.5 stars) Hokey kung fu superhero film from the '90s. Campy and silly. And although it's not my cup of tea, I can see others having a good time with it.

3. Honeychurch's rating of the film The Heroic Trio

This is a one star review of MUBI for not providing a subtitled version of this movie. omg.. i could not take more than 60 sec of that annoying dubbing. can i have my money back, MUBI?

4. muse_x's rating of the film The Heroic Trio

5. Nick Potter's rating of the film The Heroic Trio

Silly, campy fun with Michelle Yeoh and Maggie Cheung? There's no way I'll be missing that, even if it is a bit uneven.

6. David R Williams's rating of the film The Heroic Trio

Chinese comedy is an acquired taste at best. As amusing as this seemed to be I just couldn't stomach that its the dubbed version.

7. corycorycorycory's rating of the film The Heroic Trio

Comic book come to life. My buddy's kid is really into martial arts flicks. He's a little young for this with the amputations and all, maybe I can suggest it in a couple years.

8. T Mills's rating of the film The Heroic Trio

So good... would make a great double bill with Big Trouble in Little China.

9. crystal meff's rating of the film The Heroic Trio

10. Wee Hunk's rating of the film The Heroic Trio

Sisters are doing it for themselves. Don't you hate it when an evil skeleton makes you do his bidding?

11. Super Natetendo's rating of the film The Heroic Trio

The Heroic Trio. Wow. I'm trying to find a word that describes this movie besides crazy, but I think that's about all I have. This off the wall action film has it all: lies, secrets, elaborate wire fighting and let's not forget the incoherent plot! Definitely a must for fans of 90's cheese and absurd practical effects.

12. film_lies101's rating of the film The Heroic Trio

13. Polyglot's rating of the film The Heroic Trio

Greatest women superheroes film of all time.

14. Raymond Likes Subtitles's rating of the film The Heroic Trio

Best superhero movie ever. Three female Hong Kong legends kick ass!

15. Scotch's rating of the film The Heroic Trio

This is everything I've been looking for in a movie. Trash, strong female leads, trash, incredible 90s sets, gratuitous blood-spitting from power punches, Tales from the Crypt possession surprise ending, trashy trash trash. I mean really, best Michelle Yeoh and Maggie Cheung movie ever.

16. Junda Mane's rating of the film The Heroic Trio

Somewhat uneven, but that triple-threat casting of Yeoh, Mui & Cheung can't be touched. Groovy soundtrack too.

17. Gutterbug's rating of the film The Heroic Trio

"Bad ass" is the best term to use for this movie. Very flamboyant and urban, and the fight scenes are some of the most fast-paced and frenetic I've seen.

18. Claennis's rating of the film The Heroic Trio

My feelings about this can be justly summed up in one word: LADIES.

19. HKFanatic's rating of the film The Heroic Trio

To be honest, this is not a great movie - but it's one of those flicks where the lighting, camera work, costumes, and attractive leading ladies make it an entertaining experience. If you love Hong Kong cinema, you basically have to see this at some point. Maggie Cheung's intro, in which she flies through the air on her motorbike, is impossibly sexy and cool. R.I.P. Anita Mui, who is greatly missed.

20. madebydanlam's rating of the film The Heroic Trio

Great comic book fun and great casting. Anita Mui, Michelle Yeoh and Maggie Cheung are the perfect trio of women to be brought onto this Charlie's Angels-like dark fantasy. Also, a fantastic dystopian look into Hong Kong's future.