1. reza nabizadeh's rating of the film The Hit

2. FISCHER's rating of the film The Hit

Une oeuvre étonnante par sa lenteur dramatique et son rigoureux fatalisme... www.cinefiches.com

3. Muraki's rating of the film The Hit

4.5 stars. gave me chills from the first scene.

4. marco's rating of the film The Hit

5. Bilouaustria's rating of the film The Hit

It's hard to care for a film if you don't buy in. Here i don't believe anything that's happening. I don't believe in the story, don't believe in the characters. Except the postcard from Spain, i don't understand what Frears tries to do with his royal casting. Some (cheap) philosophy ? We'll all die one day etc etc. Almost never a true idea translated into images.

6. Alexandre Roy's rating of the film The Hit

For some reason I can't take british gangsters seriously. It took me a while to get into the movie because at first I found it pretty by-the-numbers and predictable. As far as story goes it didn't really get better but John Hurt and a young Tim Roth gave good enough performances to keep me interested.

7. Tigrão's rating of the film The Hit

Probably one of Frears' best films. So good in so many ways. Wonderful chemistry between Hurt, Stamp and Roth.

8. Howard Orr's rating of the film The Hit

Meditative take on the usual mob movie bluster, where the violence peeks through the cracks of good manners and the tragedy treads with a light touch.

9. ADZERTY's rating of the film The Hit

L'exécution est inévitable, mais à quand ? Dans ce film existentiel enlevé, à l'humour froid et so british, la mort plane avec une singulière présence.

10. TheCinemaAdventurist's rating of the film The Hit

Entertaining and meditating film about the life and death in the world of crime from Stephen Frears! Give it a watch!

11. Grasshopper's rating of the film The Hit

12. rowdyman's rating of the film The Hit

Great, thoughtful, gangster film – almost strange to call it a "gangster" flick because it's a lot more than that. John Hurt, Terence Stamp and Tim Roth are all excellent. Stamp in particular is amazing.

13. pinkwargasm's rating of the film The Hit

Willie: I'm not scared. Braddock: You gotta be. guess someone was lying.

14. Amadeus Magnus's rating of the film The Hit

Tim Roth's debut film. waste of time. don't f**k with Zod!

15. NenaNadine's rating of the film The Hit

A mobster movie that takes on the fear of dying. Interesting ending makes it worth it.

16. Pierluigi Puccini's rating of the film The Hit

Antagonizing conceptions of life and death among criminals. An stylish and multi-layered examination of that moment of truth, of coming to terms with the vague but terrifying notion of parting this world. Fantastic performances by the leading triad. Probably Frears' best and most underrated cinematic venture.

17. Earth's Impossible Day's rating of the film The Hit

An extremely underrated existential gangster film with a pitch-perfect cast.

18. micah van hove's rating of the film The Hit

John Hurt is so great in this, it's majestic, weird, and sad. Also, Bill Hunter's brief scenes make the whole movie work.

19. DK's rating of the film The Hit

Great look. Lame script.

20. Vodalus of the Wood's rating of the film The Hit

Weird little existential comedy.

21. akjakj's rating of the film The Hit

Just watched this with my father. He wasn't so impressed, but I enjoyed it enough to think it was worth my time. It's pretty clear cut, but the whole existential death blah blah was introduced rather abruptly and then we might have been lead to think that this pondering on death was what the film was actually about. Whatever. Enjoyable enough, worth watching.

22. Checkpoint Charlie's rating of the film The Hit

I enjoyed the film - especially the performances of Hurt, Stamp, Roth and del Sol all around - but I'm rather disappointed with the ending which, as well staged and elaborated as it is, feels thumbtacked upon the flow of the story (felt like something else should've happened rather than a violent breakdown). That and the appearances of Eric Clapton and Fernando Rey are all too fleeting to be fully appreciated.

23. Stephen Campbell's rating of the film The Hit

Great thriller from master director Stephen Frears

24. Roberto Russo's rating of the film The Hit

I didn't expect this to be so funny, clever, existential and heartbreaking. Brilliant film