1. DSPRKY's rating of the film The Holy Girl

The densest coming-of-age story I've seen yet. The direction reminds me of Bresson at his best, and the way Martel shows us the competing forces of sexuality and religion is sly and intelligent. I suspect it will take a couple rewatches to better understand, however.

2. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film The Holy Girl

Lucrecia Martel's film is a chilling portrayal of a teenage girl's loss of innocence — a creepy, older doctor rubs up against her — and of the subsequent, confusing desire she begins to feel after the assault. There's a lot of self-discovery in Martel's film, and the way she tackles that weird space that exists between desire and shame is as intelligent as any film on the subject I've seen.

3. FISCHER's rating of the film The Holy Girl

Sexe et religion, un cocktail détonant ! www.cinefiches.com

4. noice's rating of the film The Holy Girl

5. McMurphy's rating of the film The Holy Girl

6. Chearth's rating of the film The Holy Girl

7. MONSIEURDE's rating of the film The Holy Girl

8. Andrew Miller's rating of the film The Holy Girl

The first of Martel's films I saw-- she's been brilliantly consistent.

9. Mtume Gant's rating of the film The Holy Girl

She does it again. One of my favorite filmmakers. Fuck any "Lolita" type tales....this is the definitive piece I have ever seen exploring this subject sexual taboo in terms of age, religion and repression. Stellar

10. martpat's rating of the film The Holy Girl

11. bigspringdoc's rating of the film The Holy Girl

I found the film absolutely fascinating. There's more going on under the surface than just a coming of age story. All of the main characters in the film are sexually repressed, but this may not necessarily be a bad thing since the alternative are the doctors who are chasing every tail that works at the hotel. The moog musician is able to play music without touching anything tangible; a parallel?

12. Samuel T.'s rating of the film The Holy Girl

13. Robert W Peabody III's rating of the film The Holy Girl

La niña santa 2004 DIR Lucrecia Martel SCR Juan Pablo Domenech, Lucrecia Martel 106 Min teenage know-nothing relativists take power from adult hypocrites

14. lazycalm's rating of the film The Holy Girl

A cure for my insomnia :P. But I love its theme and final scene.

15. Starshine's rating of the film The Holy Girl

16. biganeh's rating of the film The Holy Girl

I've been charmed by The Holy Girl since I watched it

17. Garçon Manqué's rating of the film The Holy Girl

this lucrecia martel woman is so brainy.this is just perfect.

18. Staralfur's rating of the film The Holy Girl

One of the best Latin-American films of the decade. It's powerful depiction of fanaticism and adolescence will be rewarded in the coming years.

19. Jazzaloha's rating of the film The Holy Girl

Is this primarily a coming-of-age film? If so, it's one of the more interesting takes on the genre. I found the blending of sexual awakening and spiritual vocation fascinating. The compositions were also interesting.

20. Langston Young's rating of the film The Holy Girl

No sophomore jinx here, accomplished 2nd feature.

21. Slowart's rating of the film The Holy Girl

lucrecia is always so refined and groundbreaking, that even with nina santa, her minor work, she is irreplaceable, she is the best living director working with sound, has her own distinctive themes, which become clearer with every film she makes, i like the milieu she's showing, the way her characters communicate,frames in form of tableaus, and especially the restrained suspense of her stories + swimming pools

22. piero mancini's rating of the film The Holy Girl

23. Edwin N's rating of the film The Holy Girl

Spirituality, fanatism and open sexuality seem as 'blendable' as water and oil, but with Lucrecia Martel, I guess it's as good as a nice vodka orange.

24. tiagomx's rating of the film The Holy Girl

Lucrecia Martel realiza o purgatório humano. Pedofilia e inocência juvenil, letargia e culpa. Olhar feminino sobre a carne