1. Andre Flickatina's rating of the film The Host

the most lovable family since the brady bunch

2. MisterColo93's rating of the film The Host

3.4/5 Maybe i need a rewatch.. Pathos is there tho

3. Luiza Tavares's rating of the film The Host

kkkk o q esta acontecendo porraaaaa

4. Antoine Tremblay's rating of the film The Host

I waited 11 years to see this. So much going on in this masterpiece. Political, family, drama, comedy, horror, and everything is just perfect. The Host is more than a cult classic. One of the best movies of the 21th century.

5. Filipe F. Coutinho's rating of the film The Host

Perfect metaphor to the US's meddling habits in foreign countries.

6. Tyler Wright's rating of the film The Host

The Host is such a fantastic movie that I had to watch it twice on the same day. I love the pure innovation and creativity that went into the writing and directing, and its a shame more monster movies aren't made with the same passion and drive.

7. pintobean's rating of the film The Host

One of the most enjoyable films I've ever watched!!

8. Balthaz21's rating of the film The Host

9. burning_chrome's rating of the film The Host

it is a sexy and playful combination of surprisingly funny, dark and very stylish film with elements of a b-movie and a subversive subtext

10. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film The Host

11. ughchenausea's rating of the film The Host

GRAZIE DIO PER AVERCI REGALATO LA COREA

12. Ilona Buffet's rating of the film The Host

13. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film The Host

I think 3-3.5 is about fair for this one. It's not the MOST evocative movie I've ever seen, but it does manage to evoke more than the sum of its parts across its plot and characters. It's a movie that firmly believes individual human voices, especially the outcasts, shouldn't be marginalized by institutions, so from a broad audience standpoint it's fairly easy to get behind.

14. Thomas Dods's rating of the film The Host

Funny, satirical, good characters. Typically original Korean take on the monster movie.

15. Jeremiah Johnson's rating of the film The Host

The American Army is actually fairly vilified here.

16. Mark O. Stack's rating of the film The Host

17. easterhasi's rating of the film The Host

Great atmosphere, cool setting. If only Park Gang-Doo wouldn't go on my nerves with his constant whining.

18. Malt Frisky's rating of the film The Host

Okay for a monster movie that steers away from the creature just rampaging through the city cliché but I wasn't convinced with the family scenario. There's a lot of dark humour peppered throughout and trying to get that balance with the emotional scenes can be a delicate tightrope to pull off. This film is a bit murky in that area though the way the family go about their problems feels realistic in a B movie sense.

19. robin's rating of the film The Host

The humor was lost on me and the action was boring. Nice social metaphor though

20. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film The Host

21. Johnny Mislow's rating of the film The Host

Surprisingly interesting! Found it pretty cool to watch, but that's just me

22. Mazingo's rating of the film The Host

Pop movie..but oriental pop is better than occidental!

23. Tasha saraswati's rating of the film The Host

24. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film The Host

Bong Joon-ho is a master of two genres: the action film, and the dark comedy. In this film, his most famous, he uses both styles to brilliant effect, creating a monster movie full of engaging action and whip-smart wit to accompany it. It isn’t his best film, but it comes pretty close, as it has everything that makes his films great. A fun and exciting piece in the director’s filmography.

← Previous 1 3 4 5