1. forever 219 por vida's rating of the film The Hours

it was very touching and well put when the aids guy talks about how he wanted to write about it all everything etc etc. that was very "real"(as far as seeing that people do die while still trying to figure their: it, out).The movie as a whole left me insanely sad but the good sad (FeverDreamOfEmotionsType thing),think i cried..P.glass's sound lends itself so well to: humans all dealing with the same sh*t, type movies

2. YvanOswald's rating of the film The Hours

3. Jack Joseph Kahn's rating of the film The Hours

The soundtrack is really something. The acting is really something. Too bad the source text (by Michael Cunningham) is kind of contrived and shitty in my opinion. The transtemporality of the piece is its greatest strength, but the convolutions of the source text do affect the screenplay.

4. pykinos's rating of the film The Hours

i don't think there's anything that makes you feel more human than to feel another person's pain. this film destroyed me.

5. C's rating of the film The Hours

the script, as in the book (which I read in like 8th grade bc ???), gets irritating and facile at times especially in the Woolf sections, it mischaracterize her completely (not even getting into how they've portrayed Vanessa Bell)- all the acting is great, there were moments I couldn't see Nicole Kidman at all while looking right at her...strangely anti-people w/ (mental/+) illnesses, if that's not too ungenerous...

6. Joe Hackman's rating of the film The Hours

I love how queer this movie is!!!!

7. anacecil's rating of the film The Hours

Maravillosa obra !!1 basada en un libro de Virginia Wolf, muestra diferentes historias al tiempo, dramáticas, bien representadas y con impecable dirección !!!!

8. arcondicionado's rating of the film The Hours

my grandma says i remind her of virginia woolf

9. kiptok's rating of the film The Hours

10. Diogo Moreira's rating of the film The Hours

Brilliant performances. Cried at the end. Found a bit of myself in it.

11. Ryan Christopher Coleman's rating of the film The Hours

this was my favorite movie ages 19-21

12. Alice Rizzo's rating of the film The Hours

13. Mirapeerance's rating of the film The Hours

This was a fine film. Virginia Woolf is too often treated as a caricature of aristocratic self obsession. However the insight into the balancing act of a mind on the edge interacting with 'life' is clear and compassionate. The 3 Mrs. Dalloway threads of story end up being illuminating rather than confusing and I appreciated that. Casting and acting is superb. The casting and acting both superb.

14. tintinmugshot's rating of the film The Hours

It touches the ground of self-esteem that is not often discussed into movies, or our lives, or our tables, or our times.

15. Thomas Dods's rating of the film The Hours

Wonderfully executed film which expertly choreographes the intertwining narratives. It was made at a time when ensemble dramas were fashionable, but pulls everything together in a far better way then many films at the time. Emotional performances about eternally misunderstood and depressed characters.

16. sizelando's rating of the film The Hours

Powerfully moving, unexpectedly complex, and FIERCELY female. Exquisite and uniformly superb cast led by probably the best three actresses of their generations.

17. Stefan Drees's rating of the film The Hours

Daldry's film is a great example for complex narrative cinema, showing the power of montage. And it contains one of Philip Glass' finest scores.

18. Superfrog's rating of the film The Hours

Well delivered technically, but the story does not really deliver for me. Which is a shame as this is a favourite for several people close to me.

19. kris's rating of the film The Hours

definitely ambitious, interesting and thought provoking

20. gillesp's rating of the film The Hours

A pity you guys at MUBI couldn't have mentioned a bit more about the director Stephen Daldrey who did such a remarkable job with this....his experience of working in theatre make his movies very particular and he is one of the very interesting british director.

21. ssolf's rating of the film The Hours

I always want to love this more than I do.

22. Rob Horsfall's rating of the film The Hours

Other than some rather melodramatic music at times which can get rather jarring, I really liked this. Not sure why I had not seen this before. Cleverly weaved across three time periods, with issues surrounding LGBT and mental illness. Sad, but sadness not without value.

23. João Martins's rating of the film The Hours

24. Glue Sniffer's rating of the film The Hours

Świetny ale może przytłoczyć, najlepiej nie oglądać kiedy ma się zbyt dobry humor ale może też pogłębić ten gorszy. Świetna charakteryzacja Nicole Kidman ja nie poznałem)

← Previous 1 3 4 5