1. corycorycorycory's rating of the film The House I Live In

A very well made doc about the backwards war on drugs. It pulls no punches.

2. el.'s rating of the film The House I Live In

Stunning in a historical, psychological, socioeconomic sense.

3. thomasjeff16's rating of the film The House I Live In

4. Jesse Furgurson's rating of the film The House I Live In

An immensely valuable work of activist filmmaking, impressive in scope and thoroughly convincing as argument. Though the sections involving Jarecki's personal connection to the subject are clunkily integrated into the overall tapestry.

5. dschank's rating of the film The House I Live In

decent "prison industrial complex" documentary that effectively outlines a number of arguments i find incredibly persuasive. leans a little too heavy on experts and activists (ranging from michelle alexander to david simon) at the expense of some of the stories of people who are (or have been) incarcerated. but that's small potatoes - this is well-organized and full of good information.

6. David Cohen-Tanugi's rating of the film The House I Live In

An extremely thought-provoking documentary about one of the most worrisome structural problems in American society today: incarceration. After reporting on the sorry state of US public schools and teachers in Waiting for Superman, Eugene Jarecki delivers another punch that is bound to get us thinking again.

7. mpho3's rating of the film The House I Live In

Asks all the right questions about all the right problems. The movie slowly gets under your skin and compels you to acknowledge the cold hard fact that the higher powers of this nation are committing more unspeakable crimes than th[ose] they incarcerate to pad their own wallets, assure their societal positions, demonstrate their influence, justify inflated budgets and ameliorate their infantile Anglo fears.-FilmSlate

8. Miasma's rating of the film The House I Live In

Vital message in an extremely sentimental film.

9. cinemaofdreams's rating of the film The House I Live In

Sobering. Jarecki's allusions to atrocity are chilling.

10. rameil's rating of the film The House I Live In

11. PghIndieMovieEx's rating of the film The House I Live In

12. Samuel Andrade's rating of the film The House I Live In

★★★★ about the (failed) War on Drugs history.

13. Andre Rehal's rating of the film The House I Live In

A very balanced criticism of the drug war and the history behind it that seems to have shaped the culture of America into what it is today. This doc needs to be seen by everyone in the states.

14. Brandon Isaacson's rating of the film The House I Live In

A must-see documentary for American citizens