1. Stein Ove Lien's rating of the film The House of Mirth

2. Igor Ramos's rating of the film The House of Mirth

This riches-to-rags story is a bit lukewarm and melodramatic but it's helmed by a strong performance by the always fabulous Gillian Anderson. Looks pretty lavish but it needed to amp up the volume of the story.

3. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film The House of Mirth

God. Terence Davies. I love you. God. Gillian Anderson. I love you.

4. Alex's rating of the film The House of Mirth

5. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film The House of Mirth

Una película alejada de los testimonios infantiles, sobre los lazos maternales y la melancolía del pasado. Davies se aleja de su estilo filmográfico. A pesar, este film atrae. La historia de una mujer en medio de una encrucijada. La moral, el amor y el honor son el punto de inflexión en este drama de época sobre sociedades aparentes camino a la decadencia. Lo mejor: la corta temporalidad que golpea a su protagonista.

6. Samuel Andrade's rating of the film The House of Mirth

7. Howard Fritzson's rating of the film The House of Mirth

Gillian Anderson was miscast. I simply couldn't imagine her as Lily Bart. The rest of the film had possibilities except for this crucial flaw.

8. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film The House of Mirth

Great period drama from Davies and Anderson is definitely Oscar-robbed! 8/10 my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-Pd

9. Howard Orr's rating of the film The House of Mirth

A film which strips away the mythos of Edwardian airs and graces by way of its extremely adroit use of increasingly naturalistic acting. Gillian Anderson is excellent, but the lovely Jodhi May steals it.

10. joanar's rating of the film The House of Mirth

New York 1907. Just that is unbeliavable. And then you think about the whole film... I am amazed.

11. Maicol Andrés Ordoñez's rating of the film The House of Mirth

Never have bookend titles been so simple and so fucking powerful: New York 1907. A woman's life in pursuit of high society. The direction is so velvety you don't realize you're watching a tragedy because you're so rapt with the way the characters apply their wit and language. Dishonor with honor. Money ruins all in the end.