1. Material Salva+ion's rating of the film The Hudsucker Proxy

2. spasmolytic's rating of the film The Hudsucker Proxy

3. hemachandra's rating of the film The Hudsucker Proxy

The Coen Brothers and Sam Raimi are perfect bedfellows.

4. J.J. 'Jake' Gittes's rating of the film The Hudsucker Proxy

A satire? Yes. A caricature? Yes. Comic bookesque? Yes. Hyperactive? Yes. Is it funny? No. Entertaining? Not at all. Good movie? No. Failure? Sure.

5. LauraPalmer's rating of the film The Hudsucker Proxy

6. Alp Yenibalcı's rating of the film The Hudsucker Proxy

The only Coen movie which is cinematographed by Roger Deakins and I dislike. The story and the ending was way too Hollywood for Coen style. Mostly their good choices for casting is a Coen stamp for me but not in this one.

7. Ryan O'Connor (23)'s rating of the film The Hudsucker Proxy

8. peaches and plums's rating of the film The Hudsucker Proxy

9. Blumes's rating of the film The Hudsucker Proxy

10. smndvdcl's rating of the film The Hudsucker Proxy

A variable attempt at satire which delights in its self-imposed endearing naivety to underplay a vaguely socialist critique of the corporate metropolitan milieu. At times brilliant if not consistently so.

11. Renton47's rating of the film The Hudsucker Proxy

Just revisited this nursing a hangover and while I wasn't a fan first time around, this viewing had me positively giddy with excitement. May be now the funniest Coen film for me because it masters a perfect synthesis of their oddball casting and unrivalled visual humour. I could make a montage merely of mannerisms I loved in this film. Utterly unique pastiche that works for its singular strange vision.

12. Ethan's rating of the film The Hudsucker Proxy

There are times when the Coens can feel kind of off and this film falls into that category. It is an enjoyable film but there are times when you don't really know what to do with this film.

13. Caden M's rating of the film The Hudsucker Proxy

Meh. The best part is the recurring circle motif, especially as a joke like it is used in the "drawings" of inventions.

14. Sonosoloio's rating of the film The Hudsucker Proxy

15. Kelsey Hill's rating of the film The Hudsucker Proxy

16. Dogukan4Ever's rating of the film The Hudsucker Proxy

1994, dir. JOEL COEN, ETHAN COEN - 6.2/10 (England)

17. Howard Fritzson's rating of the film The Hudsucker Proxy

The Coen's timing is off in this strenuous comedy. The scale is too large. The gags are too forced and the performances, always excepting Charles Durning, are synthetic. Jennifer Jason Leigh is bizarrely unfunny. She tries hard to be an amalgam of Jean Arthur and Barbara Stanwyck with little success. And yet, you can still see their love of the genre and their talent comes through in spurts.

18. Marta Lopes Peres's rating of the film The Hudsucker Proxy

"You know... for kids!" A bit over the top, lacks the Coen spunk you see in other films.

19. Leif Erikson's rating of the film The Hudsucker Proxy

20. Mr. Manna Bigger's rating of the film The Hudsucker Proxy

Cohen molto divertenti e ai limiti dell'assurdo

21. Matthew Horvath's rating of the film The Hudsucker Proxy

This is one of those movies I can watch again and again! Love the screwball humor, complete with vintage hyper-talk that's almost a musical art-form! It looks absolutely amazing. I'd love to see a Golden Age Superman movie done by the Coen Brothers!!! All the fixin's for it can be seen in this movie. Jennifer Jason Leigh astounds as the fast-talking Hawks-ian dame-reporter. I'll admit to a serious crush!

22. Johnny Mislow's rating of the film The Hudsucker Proxy

Probably the unfunniest piece from the Coen brothers.

23. Tigrão's rating of the film The Hudsucker Proxy

A bit too over the top, but it's funny and charming and a nice homage to Frank Capra's movies.

24. Sushant Shukla's rating of the film The Hudsucker Proxy

this film is surely a gazelle/antelope or an ibex...stylized and funny. the script has a great structure built around circles...dialogues and scenes are repeated but wd diffrnt meaning each time giving it a circular narrative. coen bros certainly have an ear for dialogue...must see for any cinephile