1. Wee Hunk's rating of the film The Human Condition

This is the kind of overwrought melodrama that makes critics fall prostrate to the ground in obeisance. These movies show up at Oscar time, because we can say, "Well, I would never do that!" and feel good about ourselves. It's filled with cartoon villains. What is the version of reality that we want to tell ourselves? Sometimes we can't afford the luxury of morality. Especially when the deck is stacked ...

2. FISCHER's rating of the film The Human Condition

Incontestable chef-d'oeuvre, d'un indéniable pessimisme et d'une noire brutalité, incontournable dans sa dénonciation sans faille et sans pathos de la cruauté humaine. www.cinefiches.com

3. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film The Human Condition

4. -REM-'s rating of the film The Human Condition

5. HSBilly's rating of the film The Human Condition

6. Liviu Cozma's rating of the film The Human Condition

It's just impossible to take war films lists seriously ever again.

7. paxy's rating of the film The Human Condition

8. nein's rating of the film The Human Condition

Kobayashi, what did you do to me?

9. Dignan's rating of the film The Human Condition

The human condition: ideology/injustice.

10. robbick cahyadi's rating of the film The Human Condition

Kesampain juga nonton salah satu masterpiece-nya Masaki. Finaly.

11. apollonouta's rating of the film The Human Condition

10/5 stars...watching this was a life-changing experience

12. Scorpio Velvet's rating of the film The Human Condition

Kobayashi's incredible odyssey of how Nakadai struggles to rise above in his wartime positions: Too incredible (as HARA-KIRI) and heartbreaking to describe, but I loved every moment of it as well took me three whole days to watch the entire trilogy.

13. Pyle's rating of the film The Human Condition

5 stars is not enough...

14. joey Noodles's rating of the film The Human Condition

I can't sum this film up in 420 characters, so I won't try to, my God, words can't describe the power, the emotion, the pain, the sorrow, everything. One of the finest films ever made, possibly Kobayashi's masterpiece. 5+/5

15. John Sandwich's rating of the film The Human Condition

Just ordered the Criterion box for this today, along with Rosselini's War Trilogy, Letters from Fontainhas, 3 by Hiroshi Teshigahara, and Eclipse Series: Larisa Shepitko. So excited, they can't arrive soon enough. Expensive impulse but hopefully well worth it!

16. edgar edgar's rating of the film The Human Condition

17. Martin Florio's rating of the film The Human Condition

A truly amazing epic film. A masterwork. The shots, "le cadrage", the frame composition, the movements inside the frame, the editing are so cool, so clasic, and so modern at once. One of the things that stroke me the most is the strength of the interior locations thanks to the composition and the lighting. Sometimes it feels like a japanese Bergman, others like a japanese Tarkovski. A very powerfull wonderful film.

18. Antoine Tremblay's rating of the film The Human Condition

Probably the films that I want to watch the most, looks splendid.

19. Andhika Eka Buana's rating of the film The Human Condition

okay, so now i have just seen the awfully cliche-ridden first part of this, and didn't have the desire to watch the second and the third. Oh please people tell me if i'm wrong about this

20. TFCHooligan69's rating of the film The Human Condition

Mere words cannot begin to describe this incredible 574-minute tragic journey. Undoubtedly one of the greatest war films ever made. Tatsuya Nakadai proves once again why he is one of the best actors Japan has ever produced.

21. Knut Morte's rating of the film The Human Condition

It's unpredictable, continually intriguing and definitely the greatest trilogy I've ever seen.

22. Christopher's rating of the film The Human Condition

OMG 574 MINUTES? JESUS CHRIST.

23. DAVE A's rating of the film The Human Condition

Great movie! The Criterion release does it justice. I also enjoyed the Tatsuya Nakadai interview included in the supplements.

24. Sean Harmer's rating of the film The Human Condition

There's really nothing quite like it. Watching the film was a long, difficult, immensely rewarding nine+ hours. Difficult because at times the images on screen were so overwhelmingly powerful that I had to watch this in several sittings. Undoubtedly one of the best films of all time, if not -the- best as some consider it to be.