1. Zac Weber's rating of the film The Human Scale

This film touches on many key problems afflicting metropolitan areas today, and the discussion of "public space" is especially pertinent. The wide angle cinematography is really gorgeous, and I was especially fascinated by the portion in Dhaka. Unfortunately, the film features a cacophony of white Western voices, while simultaneously championing "the people." I also found the narrator's musings superfluous and dull.

2. Vassilis Tsitsopoulos's rating of the film The Human Scale

Why did this film look like an ad for a private architecture firm? It felt vaguely insulting to watch Western "experts" selling to the Third World a band-aid solution to the social and environmental problems other Western "experts" created there. The insights about urban sociability these architects got so belatedly used to be the norm in most of the world before Western-style "development" and the World Bank.

3. Boogler Deidermaus's rating of the film The Human Scale

The film invites the viewer to act out its life in terms of its own body! Imperfections on the human level add up to contribute things humans need to live: social relief. A friendly film which centers a focus around planning cities for the future-populations of giga-cities. If we then live among the waste product we generate today, thank the flying spaghetti monster if we can at least live again on the human scale.

4. d zee's rating of the film The Human Scale

Something worth watching, optimistic. Us, the commoners, still have a say in this madness.