1. Krystalle's rating of the film The Human Surge

Watching this film made me feel how the characters must feel in their constant quest for technological connection, like I was browsing through Instagram or Snapchat stories on a late night - distant, restless, bored, but unable to dissociate myself from technology (and this film). I appreciated what this film was trying to do even though it may not have been particularly engaging at times.

2. Kamil's rating of the film The Human Surge

I dig it, although not completely. Apichatpong Weerasethakul is better in this category.

3. Tadzio Bonaparte's rating of the film The Human Surge

Some ideas from an eventual notebook shine in some festivals through the inescapable void.

4. saitosouta's rating of the film The Human Surge

Acest film este "Slacker" nou în anii' 10. Călătorind în trei continente, acest film descrie, într-un mod scurt și la obiect, trei tineri care își trăiesc viață languroasă și annulus nesfârșit al apocalipsei călduțe ia la suprafață de granularitate. Este destul de ciudat dar temerar și nemaivăzut. // 今作は2010年代における新たなる「スラッカー」だ。3つの大陸を股にかけ、3人の若者が気怠い日常を生きる姿を執拗かつ淡々と描き出す末、フィルムの粒子に生温い黙示録の終わりなき螺旋が浮かび上がる。頗る奇妙だが大胆不敵で素晴らしい。

5. José Neves's rating of the film The Human Surge

Digital. Indie Lisboa # 8. Another nth film that practices a persecutory handy camera's realism, shaking like Lilian Gish's hair in Sjostrom's wind, which finds no interest in his project other than the tricks that in the fiction allow to do "Ah!". The links between the various parts are good, but too inflated, while what happens in each chapter is a strenuous attempt to attach a discursiveness to it.

6. Des Horne's rating of the film The Human Surge

That anthill transition/digression made me wonder if this is the antithesis of The Tree of Life.

7. Jason's rating of the film The Human Surge

Commanding assertion of a fledgling vision. THE HUMAN SURGE is a tremendous achievement, formally self-generative, exploratory, UFO-like. Maybe a little too Undergrad Philosophy. I'm reminded of the title card in Godard's WEEKEND: "a film found on a scrap heap." (I mean that in the best way possible.) In some ways it also invokes some of the bulky networked films of Richard Linklater. One hell of a calling card.

8. AugusteB's rating of the film The Human Surge

The future of cinema... or maybe just a fantastic avant-garde film

9. halibutacid's rating of the film The Human Surge

Plunges into the vast mycelium of technologically facilitated visibility, seamlessly traversing physical boundaries in its intercontinental drift.

10. Daniella Hervert's rating of the film The Human Surge

A film that sets to be different but then forgets to be anything else.

11. Frank ViSo's rating of the film The Human Surge

12. Dries's rating of the film The Human Surge

Un esordio stratosferico, la folgorazione di locarno 2016 http://soundofmyvoicedries.blogspot.it/2016/08/el-auge-del-humano.html