1. Scorpio Velvet's rating of the film The Hunchback of Notre Dame

Always enjoyed watching this as a kid, also may be well by the finest adaptation of Hugo's classic novel.

2. Jackson Staninger's rating of the film The Hunchback of Notre Dame

Offensive on more levels than I can put in less than 400 characters. Stick to Charles Laughton's version.

3. ionu's rating of the film The Hunchback of Notre Dame

3.5 - alternatively great and bland

4. richardlawrn's rating of the film The Hunchback of Notre Dame

this is dark! the outcast in disney's filmography. Frollo's struggle against his sexual desires for esmeralda while evil shadows danced on the walls is one of the most amazing scenes. the use of religious imagery, Esmeralda's empowering sexuality and independence (when I was a kid I wanted to be her haha), and the Hero is not the prince with the white D. It is the "freak". Favorite disney film.

5. Samuel Righi's rating of the film The Hunchback of Notre Dame

6. hexhunk's rating of the film The Hunchback of Notre Dame

Another weird end-of-post-D. Renaissance choice. Why? Why this subject for children? Why the overly complicated character models used on a relatively green staff? Why.

7. carlajrzg's rating of the film The Hunchback of Notre Dame

Really mature history for a film that is for kids.

8. James Mackin's rating of the film The Hunchback of Notre Dame

Probably my favourite of the Disney Renaissance films. The villain is a very well done, complex portrayal of the evils of the church.

9. nvmore's rating of the film The Hunchback of Notre Dame

yes gimmie everything disney

10. João Monteiro's rating of the film The Hunchback of Notre Dame

11. Nicole Cahali's rating of the film The Hunchback of Notre Dame

12. Ordet Ordet's rating of the film The Hunchback of Notre Dame

Disney's best i've ever seen.

13. Lights in the Dusk's rating of the film The Hunchback of Notre Dame

Reaches for an almost Miyazaki-like solemnity, as scenes of historical atrocity & political persecution are presented with a genuine menace & despair. Unfortunately, later appeals to cute supporting characters & coarse childish humour typical of the Disney "brand" means the film fails to deliver on its potential. A missed opportunity, but one that maintains traces of genuine cinematic poetry & real emotional depth.

14. Rocco's rating of the film The Hunchback of Notre Dame

A gorgeous, dark, under appreciated classic. The gargoyles aren't even that bad!

15. pluviosity's rating of the film The Hunchback of Notre Dame

As usual, everything have to be sugar coated, eh Disney? Yet still, people said it's the 'darkest' animation Disney ever made?? The only star goes to the song Hellfire, which so far it's the best Disney's villain song ever!

16. SlinkyLi's rating of the film The Hunchback of Notre Dame

Esmeralda is the most underrated Disney heroine. Also, I loved this movie when I was younger for its dark themes and minor keys, so I want more

17. emichan's rating of the film The Hunchback of Notre Dame

honestly though, this movie scared the shit out of me when i was a child

18. Daniel Roque's rating of the film The Hunchback of Notre Dame

As a kid I never realised how harsh and terrifying this movie is. A religious man begging for mercy due his forbidden desire for a sexy gypsy woman? For God sake this is heavy.

19. Kirby's rating of the film The Hunchback of Notre Dame

I consider this Disney's best film and my personal favorite of theirs. The score and lyrics are excellent and memorable, the story doesn't shy away from dark subjects like death, lust, and religion and Jay's role as Claude Frollo is unforgettably sinister and surprisingly human at the same time.

20. lundybeth's rating of the film The Hunchback of Notre Dame

Score is really great. The "Hellfire" sequence is phenomenal.

21. AKFilmFan's rating of the film The Hunchback of Notre Dame

Many memorable songs, great animation, and a good story all combine to make this underrated Disney film that on first glance might be a stinker but quickly becomes one of Disney's best features of the 90's. True, the subject matter & drama is a little dark but its message of acceptance is something all children need to hear.

22. CJ Roy's rating of the film The Hunchback of Notre Dame

Mid 90's DIsney is remarkably bad, using some incredibly lifeless animation. Look at how dull the backgrounds are, smoothed and sanded down until any edge or grit has been lost. The ravishing colors from Sleeping Beauty have been long forgotten as shown by how terribly mishandled the Hellfire sequence is. What should be one of Disney's great moments is rendered into oblivion.

23. Matthew_Lucas's rating of the film The Hunchback of Notre Dame

One of Disney's darkest animated films is also one of its best. Often swept under the rug by Disney like it's the bastard child of the brand, and Frollo's twisted sexual desire for Esmerelda remains startlingly complex for a children's film. The gothic score, the gorgeous rendering of Notre Dame, the grandiose religious symbolism - this is a grown up film masquerading as children's entertainment. And it's fantastic.

24. Elisou's rating of the film The Hunchback of Notre Dame