1. Star Lord's rating of the film The Hunter

2. Eddie Rinctoya's rating of the film The Hunter

3. miles's rating of the film The Hunter

4. Gareth Jones's rating of the film The Hunter

I quite enjoyed this slow-paced drama even though it wasn't the survival movie I was hoping for. However, I enjoyed Willem Dafoe's performance and his evolving interactions with the central family but wasn't entirely convinced by, or interested in, his hunting mission.

5. Rohith Varma's rating of the film The Hunter

6. Thomas's rating of the film The Hunter

Cool mystical portrait of a man's isolated journey of self discovery.

7. JK's rating of the film The Hunter

8. Amandio Filipe Moura's rating of the film The Hunter

An escape into beauty and danger

9. Federico Di Folco's rating of the film The Hunter

Un gran bel lavoro,che unisce alla fascinosa ambientazione selvaggia una dura critica alla nostra immortale avidità,che sovrasta e se ne frega di tutto il creato.La situazione familiare è un pò forzatina,il finale non è mi piaciuto molto perchè ci ho visto una sorta di "ripulitura"dell 'anima,in un film che ormai aveva dato tutto e non ne aveva bisogno. Cmq un lavoro sicuramente di livello.

10. Fabio Di Felice's rating of the film The Hunter

Vale la pena vederlo anche solo per la splendida ambientazione, la natura selvaggia della Tasmania, ripresa e fotografata in modo meraviglioso. In più è anche un bel film che lancia un bel sasso contro la ricerca impietosa del denaro a scapito dell'ecosistema, e portatrice solo di distruzione anche e soprattutto per la propria specie. Il finale, nel sacrificio che richiede, è tutt'altro che banale.

11. Effendi Ben Smith-Malick's rating of the film The Hunter

If you ever want to make a child cry (which you should all the time) show them this movie. It's basically every terrible thing a child could experience, including having to grow up eating Vegemite.

12. Ahmet UJeschk's rating of the film The Hunter

Above average lonsesome cowboy movie.

13. msmichel's rating of the film The Hunter

Willem Dafoe's performance, as a hunter hired by a biotech firm to track down a thought extinct animal in Tasmania, is marvelous as we watch him metamorphosize through the picture from an unfeeling finger of technology/business into a man of troubled convinctions and earthly empathy recognizing himself in his prey. Script over simplifies at times but made up for by great performances and beautiful cinematography.

14. Milk and Honey's rating of the film The Hunter

Good until it got overly melodramatic.

15. Samuel Andrade's rating of the film The Hunter

★★ the sentimental bounty hunter.

16. Florence's rating of the film The Hunter

I like the calm of william dafoe and the landscape is beautiful.

17. Starshine's rating of the film The Hunter

18. Brett Taylor's rating of the film The Hunter

Outside. Hunting. Willem Dafoe. That's all.

19. Adam GR's rating of the film The Hunter

20. T. J. Harman's rating of the film The Hunter

Reminded me of Coppola's The Conversation in it's dismantling of a macho fantasy job (in that film: spying, this one: hunting). Like that film, it shows these jobs are in reality more often than not probably done by quiet, intelligent control freaks, not alpha male types and there is more quiet to the work than boys fantisize doing. Dafoe's performance is very good.

21. A47's rating of the film The Hunter

This film really impressed me. Mostly because of its superb photography direction and authentic character portrayals. However, unnecessary interjections forced the film back to plot toward the end and things fell apart. This felt a lot like a standard development rewrite after some idiot agent read the script. The photography is jaw-dropping. Incredible dynamic range in every shot and beautiful color correction.

22. Andre Rehal's rating of the film The Hunter

Gorgeous cinematography and despite the story being formulaic the performances made the movie really work for me.

23. popka's rating of the film The Hunter

Fantastic, I loved it. Five stars.

24. DK's rating of the film The Hunter

Dafoe makes the most of it, bringing out some real depth to a clunky sign-posting script and what might otherwise be a wooden central character--to such a degree that I was genuinely moved by the schoolyard finale. The cinematography too is solid and compositionally really lovely in places, transcending the substandard source material and the influence of the Tasmanian tourist board.