1. INZER's rating of the film The Hurricane

2. Ayinde Anderson's rating of the film The Hurricane

Denzel Washington gives another outstanding performance. I just have mixed feelings about the level of disregard to the real Rubin Carter's life, but I guess it's only "based" on a true story.

3. smndvdcl's rating of the film The Hurricane

Whilst utterly formulaic within the biopic sub-genre, Denzel's performance as Rubin "Hurricane" Carter is convincing, gripping and entirely absorbing. As an exercise in cinematic empathy, despite the obvious nature of certain techniques, it is entirely successful.

4. André Vieira's rating of the film The Hurricane

3,5. Denzel's performance brought tears to my eyes.

5. Aymerik Martin Derome's rating of the film The Hurricane

6. Addy K.'s rating of the film The Hurricane

Denzel Washington's performance as boxer Rubin Carter makes watching THE HURRICANE an almost religious experience. The real-life Carter may be a flawed man, but Norman Jewison's eloquent screenplay and Washington's acting elevate him to the status of a saint suffering for the sins of others ("white folks") and possessing the ennobling power to inspire a cute black kid and his Canadian benefactors into action. Moving.

7. Brian O'blivion's rating of the film The Hurricane

and anyone really interested in the case should read this: web.archive.org/web/20080729233752/http://www.crimemagazine.com/hurricane.htm

8. Sam Everett's rating of the film The Hurricane

A touching film, and I'm not really a fan of the "true story" style film. I believe the eloquence of the writing and the performances really drove it home for me.

9. FilmFan<3's rating of the film The Hurricane

Denzel's performance is enough for someone to watch it.