1. Ariel Rowan's rating of the film The Ice Storm

beautiful setting ! tobey and elijah have the same glazed eyes which seems blank more than detached

2. Amadeus Magnus's rating of the film The Ice Storm

3. DSPRKY's rating of the film The Ice Storm

The film worked for me on an emotional level, even if it tends toward the heavy-handed at times. Felt a bit like a film-length version of Mad Men.

4. Muraki's rating of the film The Ice Storm

Emotional, Simple & deep [4.5]

5. Yumi Kaioh's rating of the film The Ice Storm

I thought this was genious and underrated.

6. jxn's rating of the film The Ice Storm

the best white people melodrama i've seen in a long time!

7. mlstrx's rating of the film The Ice Storm

being middle class and married with two kids seems like the worst thing ever.

8. Emily O's rating of the film The Ice Storm

the people in this movie are super horny

9. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film The Ice Storm

It's more than just the winter that's cold, it's the distance between people, and the disconnect that happens in families and homes. But warm hearts and warm desires glow from within, giving brief spots of humanity and wonder to an otherwise frozen over world. And these things run deep throughout this movie. With subtleness and a delicate hand, Lee fashions a growing up tale for some, a growing old tale for others.

10. Andrew Miller's rating of the film The Ice Storm

Father and son awkwardness-- let's pretend we never spoke of these things.

11. A47's rating of the film The Ice Storm

12. Eric Clapp's rating of the film The Ice Storm

It's pre-Sam Mendes bleak suburban living. American Beauty and Revolutionary Road are similar in tone, but there's something about the back drop of the storm that sets this apart, even just visually. I liked it. Also, Allison Janney is excellent, as always.

13. Max Swanson's rating of the film The Ice Storm

In my opinion, this is still the best work of Ang Lee's career. Totally underrated ensemble drama about divorce and coming of age in the 70's.

14. João Rocha's rating of the film The Ice Storm

15. J.J. 'Jake' Gittes's rating of the film The Ice Storm

A husband betrays his wife. And vice versa. Teenagers are crazy about having sex. Parents attend a "key party", where couples swap wifes and husbands. It is about age-independent sex desire, love and life changes. And how to deal with it. Just due to novel writer Rick Moody's autobiography it is placed in Connecticut and in the 70's, but could have taken place everywhere and at any time. Great Joan Allen!

16. Christopher McQuain's rating of the film The Ice Storm

17. thomasjeff16's rating of the film The Ice Storm

I found it to be too bleak for my taste. Although the film is powerfully acted. (3,5)

18. smndvdcl's rating of the film The Ice Storm

Biting satire on Middle America.

19. arpagick's rating of the film The Ice Storm

20. kian94's rating of the film The Ice Storm

a movie which you shouldn't expect the story too much.full of cultural elements,soundtracks and references to 70's.characters based on vicissitudes of time and regional conflicts...

21. N Alch's rating of the film The Ice Storm

A terribly haunting but well-crafted tale. Even in the backdrop of a picturesque New England town (or perhaps as a result of it) there is frustration and emptiness. Laced into this film are existential musings and cultural references from the '70s. Despite the dark humor, one is left utterly depressed at the end of the film and for that reason, this film is a 4 out of 5.

22. Elena Lazic's rating of the film The Ice Storm

Would give a 3 but I'll say 3.5 for the last scene

23. Mr. Dude_o_o's rating of the film The Ice Storm

Tobey is so cute that I'd probably cry too.

24. DaisyJ's rating of the film The Ice Storm

Suburbanites making bad choices with disastrous results.