1. Wee Hunk's rating of the film The Illusionist

I don't know what the deal with Ed Norton is, but he only seemed like a good actor in 'Primal Fear' and 'Fight Club'. He just seems like he's playing himself. Hollywood is driven by fear, and if a picture is greenlit, then the other studios will try to beat them in releasing a similar movie first. If the first one does well, then the other usually tanks. In this case, this is not a good movie. See 'The Prestige'.

2. Star Lord's rating of the film The Illusionist

Bel film, niente male. 3,5.

3. Cherry's rating of the film The Illusionist

3.5* I think but I did see it 8 years ago... seem to remember being enchanted by it and it having an excellent ending (won't spoil)

4. Sara Gaspar's rating of the film The Illusionist

Much inferior to The Prestige.

5. Addy K.'s rating of the film The Illusionist

There's a charming simplicity to THE ILLUSIONIST which has suffered repeated comparison to Nolan's serpentine PRESTIGE. A beautifully-shot period romance that unwisely switches to mystery mode, it contains two very good things. First: Rufus Sewell's quietly explosive portrayal of tragic Prince Leopold who is, in my mind, unfairly maligned as villain by a creepy magician (Ed Norton). And second: Philip Glass.

6. ceknklsn's rating of the film The Illusionist

7. Jeremy Ashlyn's rating of the film The Illusionist

8. Mighty Quinn's rating of the film The Illusionist

It's a movie about illusions, but the first half is mostly flat melodrama that bored me. Even the magic tricks didn't seem that impressive (probably because they were CGI). When a murder's thrown in the mix, things finally get interesting, but the third act pulls a twist ending out of nowhere and to me it felt forced and too convenient. The acting was fine, but I wouldn't recommend it.

9. Ginarley's rating of the film The Illusionist

An enjoyable story with excellent sets and a nice semi-twist in the tale. Unfortunately it skirts the edge of CG versus real illusion a little too often taking away the authenticity when it was needed most. That said, the scene where Giamatti's character unfolds the deception is a moment of real magic.

10. Eleanor Abernathy's rating of the film The Illusionist

i tried to watch this but jude law's big fake moustache just made me irate.

11. Rafael Zen's rating of the film The Illusionist

12. Amandio Filipe Moura's rating of the film The Illusionist

An interesting mystery with strong production values and superb performances (4.1/5)

13. lostlevel's rating of the film The Illusionist

I'm not sure if this was really that good but I must admit I enjoyed watching it, perhaps more than I should of. Even though the magic is a trick and combination of special effects (and of course it's a movie) but I wouldn't have minded seeing a little more.

14. Yulia Gaidakova's rating of the film The Illusionist

a heart warming fairy story, with a set of illusions included

15. ajdehany's rating of the film The Illusionist

A stylish Glass soundtrack, but, ironically, lacking a little magic.

16. janh24's rating of the film The Illusionist

A disappointing film. It is not clear to me why anybody should spend two hours of their life with this trad melodrama.

17. Adam Laurence Pitt's rating of the film The Illusionist

"...part mystery, part thriller, part romance." Jack of all trades, master of none. Mostly dross

18. raggiodisole's rating of the film The Illusionist

Would go for The Prestige over this most of the while. but anything with Paul Giamatti and Edward Norton has to be worth watching, and it is, even if only once

19. Storm KMB Moon's rating of the film The Illusionist

A beautiful film with charming performances, a stunning soundtrack by Philip Glass, sumptuous visuals and enough intrigue to keep one guessing. The main "trick" was perhaps a little obvious, but there was still enough mystery to keep me hooked! A very enjoyable film, perfect for a relaxed afternoon.

20. Penelope q's rating of the film The Illusionist

Norton is excellent. Nice one for a sunday afternoon.

21. Susana Bessa's rating of the film The Illusionist

It is watchable and easy to do so, but it doesn't grip you or thrill you, for that matter. Let's just say that the disclosure of all illusions at its very end may have been the cause for its misfortune as an underlying puzzle of a quite decent narrative.

22. Annemarie's rating of the film The Illusionist

Tedius, slow and very boring. No tension in the plot at all and really appalling acting. Don't waste your time. The star is for the lighting and illusions.

23. Scott Pack's rating of the film The Illusionist

Enjoyed this a lot once I got over the fact that Max Branning from Eastenders was in it.

24. Komal Andorinha's rating of the film The Illusionist