1. Samuel T.'s rating of the film The Immigrant

Chaplin for ever ! www.cinefiches.com

3. LauraPalmer's rating of the film The Immigrant

Christmas with my beloved Chaplin

4. BLP's rating of the film The Immigrant

Vale acima de tudo pela performance de Chaplin.

5. SpacePirate's rating of the film The Immigrant

My fav Chaplin short. The diner scenes are uproariously funny.

6. ikkini's rating of the film The Immigrant

Et si tout le monde regardait ce film aujourd'hui ?

7. RoRoRoro's rating of the film The Immigrant

8. Zac Weber's rating of the film The Immigrant

The Immigrant is a sophisticated little slapstick comedy. The physical humor and sharp acting are quite entertaining, and Chaplin is always captivating on screen.

9. Joe Pryweller's rating of the film The Immigrant

Pure genius. Chaplin's persona as the outsider from another time trying to fit in is captured brilliantly in one of his last Mutual shorts, as he navigates the mean streets of new world America near the start of the century. All the sight gags are worthy of viewing but there's much more going on here that will be explored in his later, feature films such as City Lights.

10. Nick Potter's rating of the film The Immigrant

What else is there to say about the genius of Charlie Chaplin? Few in history can match his slapstick visual gags and impeccable timing. It's so very refreshing when any comedy gives laughs upon multiple viewings, let alone one that has been around for so long. Terrific early short from The Tramp himself.

11. Dodd Alley's rating of the film The Immigrant

I love it when a film from the beginning of an era still holds up and makes me laugh harder than the majority of comedies that are released today.

12. Kevin's rating of the film The Immigrant

You can rent it from Facets in Chicago. Next to this film is the Lincoln bio by DW Griffith, whose work is as thoughtful as Chaplin's, but in a different vein. Compare Whore's Glory to both, you get to see the ever turning MUBI world. These films open worlds of history and today that we do not visit often enough. On the occasion when a film is not available in this country, don’t give up you can find it

13. barleeku@comcast.net's rating of the film The Immigrant

20 minutes of pure cinematic and comic genius. Not one second of filler. I kept thinking what all the immigrants seated in the movie theaters must have felt during this film. Every image, every sight gag, every moment of emotion is perfect, including what can be interpreted as the cinema's first fart joke. Chaplin's comedy was so revolutionary it's still fresh and original today and will be for all time.

14. MaMaZ's rating of the film The Immigrant

What does that even mean " Not available in your country" ??? If this is not available in U.S. so where is it available? So disappointing guys Update: Thank you for response and fixing the issue.

15. Wee Hunk's rating of the film The Immigrant

Definitely enjoyable. I have one small minor quibble, which is that I like the old-style titles. It's an aesthetic thing.

16. jamesey's rating of the film The Immigrant

"This film is currently not available in your country " I guess the immigrant hasn't yet immigrated to the USA EDIT: Now it's available in my country!

17. msmichel's rating of the film The Immigrant

One of the great Chaplin shorts and one of the last to be made for Mutual films. Story begins with an Atlantic crossing with some memorable site gags and a hope for romance. Later in the city Chaplin flat broke comes across a coin and enters a restaurant to find his shipboard romantic interest there and perhaps a bill he can't pay. A lot of fun with a lovely touch of sentiment.

18. neo pirus's rating of the film The Immigrant

the immigrant, seriously... I'm not english...

19. TFCHooligan69's rating of the film The Immigrant

20. GiantCockEater's rating of the film The Immigrant

Some of Charlie's best sight gags in this film! Love the boat stuff but the genius restaurant scene takes the cake. You can see the influence on some of his feature length gags (ducking behind the waiter=ducking the boxer in City Lights). He's one of the few auteurs who defines himself by his visage and movement on screen, as opposed to his mis-en-scene, etc.

21. CafeGradiva's rating of the film The Immigrant

22. AKFilmFan's rating of the film The Immigrant

A near perfect blend of slapstick and pathos, this is one of Chaplin's best short films. Too bad the numerous takes caused a lot of time and plenty of illness for Purviance since she had to eat so many beans from the many multiple takes.

23. Fritz's rating of the film The Immigrant

@nikhil they are in the public domain except the feature films