1. Thomas's rating of the film The Importance of Being Earnest

This adaptation, however faithful to the play, doesn't come close to Anthony Asquith's 1952 treatment.

2. Amandenberg's rating of the film The Importance of Being Earnest

I love The Importance of Being Earnest so much in any form, with any cast, whatever really. But man am I glad Rupert Everett and Colin Firth are the dudes in this!

3. SlavicaSkoric's rating of the film The Importance of Being Earnest

a beautifully envisioned period film. i have watched it for several times and it never gets old. chemistry between actors simply draws you into the story and it's reluctant to let you go. sadly, i have yet to read the play!

4. Ottori Tekki Chan's rating of the film The Importance of Being Earnest

What a hillarious film, i love this better than much a do about nothing. My fave quote will be this " I hope cecily i shall not offend you , if i state quite openly and frankly . You seem to me in every way the visible personification of absoulute perfection" Stephen fry said it once and i don't know he's quoting oscar wilde , i should have known because he's wilde in wilde

5. fleur de chair's rating of the film The Importance of Being Earnest

Colin Firth and Rupert Everett fighting over a bowl of muffins is one of the most adorable things I've ever seen. Watching the two of them is an absolute delight, but I wish Cecily and Gwendolyn were better cast.