1. steeeeellaaaaa's rating of the film The Imposter

classic documentary structure, interviews and re-enacments, but overall it fails to dig deeper into why that family accepted a stranger as their boy or why that man wanted to be someone else...promising subject but a simplistic approach. barely scratching the surface of a really interesting story

2. anadyomene's rating of the film The Imposter

Fascinating. Human beings are really strange.

3. Bara Badjarad's rating of the film The Imposter

Sebuah cerita yang tidak pernah kamu bayangkan sebelumnya disajikan dalam bentuk dokumenter yang sangat intense. Edan!

4. Glue Sniffer's rating of the film The Imposter

jeżeli to na poważnie to poważna sprawa.

5. jaelaah's rating of the film The Imposter

American idiocy at its finest or a botched cover-up?

6. Gabriele Mariotti's rating of the film The Imposter

YES!! big story, true story, twist, double twist, one-of-a-kind fictional documentary technique, smart editing...it's all in there.

7. Elina E's rating of the film The Imposter

Brilliant how Layton enabled Bourdin to manipulate the audience as he did the family, following the officer's search for the boys body to accentuate Bourdin's ability to manipulate and coerce. It's easy for people to criticise the family, but how many people were expecting the officer to find a body? How many people were suspecting the family of his death?

8. Ryan O'Connor (23)'s rating of the film The Imposter

its hard not to make a good film with this story

9. Trapped In The Cinema's rating of the film The Imposter

Highly uncomfortable. For good and bad reasons. https://trappedinthecinemablog.wordpress.com/2016/09/08/the-imposter-2012-%E2%98%85%E2%98%85%E2%98%85/

10. Fabiha's rating of the film The Imposter

"I didn't give any damn about what other people were doing or feeling. I just did it for myself, all by myself, and fuck the rest of it."

11. cherbourgdoll's rating of the film The Imposter

12. Kk Soft Boss's rating of the film The Imposter

13. Ayinde Anderson's rating of the film The Imposter

What a rollercoaster of deception

14. mpho3's rating of the film The Imposter

"It was vital to find a visual style that didn’t feel like ‘re-enactment’, that felt cinematic and also fitting to a story as unusual as this one. My idea was to play with notions of memory and subjectivity..., to blur the lines between documentary and drama..., to try to recreate that movie that plays in your head when someone tells you a truly extraordinary story." - Layton interview, Filmmaker Magazine

15. eariadne's rating of the film The Imposter

had a lot more pretty shots than I expected! But the subject matter made me feel very sad and a bit bad for watching this. it's so full of misery.

16. Tom Naylor's rating of the film The Imposter

A truly bizarre, true story involving the disappearance of a 13 year old boy and an international con artist.

17. galuh indri's rating of the film The Imposter

One sentence: Checking peoples ears in Adobe Photoshop.

18. flamingo jones's rating of the film The Imposter

Really captivating and totally shocking story, but the true-crime style of the documentary was distracting and almost made me quit the movie before the halfway point. Of course, there is a lack of relevant home movie footage since the story centers around someone who disappeared, but the re-enactments were gratuitous and over-the-top.

19. caitlin.f's rating of the film The Imposter

this movie freaked me out worse than any horror film oh my lord.

20. sekmadieniaislyja's rating of the film The Imposter

21. Elephants_Gerald's rating of the film The Imposter

Found out about this via Tony Zhou's "Every Frame A Painting." Plot twist on plot twist on plot twist – and it's a documentary! A wonderful examination of the ways in which people fool people, people fool themselves, and viewers get fooled by filmmakers. With a simple, beautiful formalistic touch that I would recommend you learn about in Zhou's series.

22. Morris Bros.'s rating of the film The Imposter

23. The Cinema Doll's rating of the film The Imposter

One of the best documentaries I have seen so far. Brilliant filmmaking showcasing an unbelievable story. The definition of truth is stranger than fiction.

24. J. O.'s rating of the film The Imposter

Masterful filmmaking. Truly haunting. The story is expertly handled, allowing the the mystery to unfold at its own pace, elegantly.

← Previous 1 3 4