1. fearraigh's rating of the film The Incredible Jessica James

I initially mistook this for an extended first episode of a Netflix show and was for some time far more indulgent of it (are we too indulgent of contemporary TV, I wonder?) It's got occasional charm but this is by-the-numbers quirkiness that bears the increasing hallmark of Netflix fare: featuring a hazily defined urban milieu in which its ideal audience is supposed to see itself.

2. alchimia's rating of the film The Incredible Jessica James

It's always a pleasure to watch strong women ruling the screen.

3. empcollapse's rating of the film The Incredible Jessica James

the protagonist is an unapologetic-brutally honest character and i am SO here for it! every scene of this film, i could somehow relate to it from feeling like an outsider in family gatherings to always being self reflective. yeah, i really liked this film. the producers should invest in making this a mini-series.

4. Mark Tallo's rating of the film The Incredible Jessica James

I enjoyed it. Well worth the time.

5. patríciapinho's rating of the film The Incredible Jessica James

i feel like i got my life figured out, drank 3 gallons of water and went on a week-long retreat after watching this

6. taniaburrito's rating of the film The Incredible Jessica James

7. Jørgen Lien's rating of the film The Incredible Jessica James

8. nicolecopello's rating of the film The Incredible Jessica James

pretty likeable, but probably more suitable as a series. the ending kinda killed it for me though.

9. Ann Burden's rating of the film The Incredible Jessica James

10. Oluseyi's rating of the film The Incredible Jessica James

11. thelastronaut's rating of the film The Incredible Jessica James

While the plot wasn't the strongest, I kept thinking it would've worked better as a series, like Aziz Ansari's "Master of None". Maybe that is because Williams and O'Dowd were such a pleasure to watch.

12. smndvdcl's rating of the film The Incredible Jessica James

A convincing piece in the understandably saturated comedy-drama realm. The thrash-core soundtrack for the baby shower scene is priceless. One of the best independent movies in a while - idiosyncratic, sardonic, whimsical and Jessica Williams is an authentic post-modern voice. 3.5

13. corativ's rating of the film The Incredible Jessica James

Why put someone as cool as Jessica Williams into such a lame format?

14. oldeuboi's rating of the film The Incredible Jessica James

3.5 It's really nice and Jessica Williams is charming. But, I think its multiple issues would have a better development if serialized (ala Girls. But hey, it can be the next Girls. Why not?) instead of being crammed into a single narrative.

15. angelicidea's rating of the film The Incredible Jessica James

Romcoms can be awesome when they are about real people. If there are a thousand ways to make them, why do most of them look the same?

16. smokescreen's rating of the film The Incredible Jessica James

Vibrant and eminently likeable. (Both the film and its star.)