1. Eric Rucker's rating of the film The Innkeepers

I was grinning and laughing through the whole thing, loads of fun, glad I watched it. The acting was pitch-perfect from everybody. I especially enjoyed how 80s horror spirits haunted the Millenials at the front desk, soaked in their computer/digital era as they are. No Gen X-ers would've fallen into the same traps, haha! We'd have fallen for other spirit tricks and croaked just the same, though. The mashup was a gas.

2. turnerBroadcast p3Dr0's rating of the film The Innkeepers

One expects much of a New England Ghost Story, as now the spirits of so many have given so much, for so few. We shall never give up. Absolutely wonderful film.

3. Slappy McGee's rating of the film The Innkeepers

Another great tonal feast from Ti West. He once again creates such a wonderful "feel" in this film. The mood and dread is extremely well-crafted. Much like Hitchcock, he carefully builds his suspense. The actors are also quite engaging. Only complaint would be the ending doesn't quite pay off for me. But not enough to ruin the experience. It is still a very solid horror film with great design and told with panache.

4. Ryan Christopher Coleman's rating of the film The Innkeepers

not scary but it had a distinct mood that was enveloping, that i loved.. like a tepid bath, the innkeepers holds you numbly using a combination of low grade jump scares, vague intrigue over a Havishamesque ghost, and Lena Dunham. though ...... I think what I liked most was the slacker moodiness! I could live with these characters for a while longer! throw in the ghost bride while you're at it!

5. David Moran's rating of the film The Innkeepers

A slow-burn horror film that packs a hell of a punch at the end.

6. Joe Pryweller's rating of the film The Innkeepers

I was going to give it two stars for the deflating ending, where nothing is really resolved and the slow buildup that is a trademark of a Ti West feature ends up as a meander up a cloudy hill. But despite the letdown of an ending, the slacker characters -- ones a smarter-than-she-looks millennial, while the other is a cynical wag -- made the movie adorable enough to spend time with. Paxton is a jewel in this one.

7. David R Williams's rating of the film The Innkeepers

I read the reviews and since The House of the Devil sucked the corn out of the crap I saw no reason to waste my time on this turd.

8. Victoria Wilson's rating of the film The Innkeepers

This movie could have been a lot better. There were so many openings for something to happen but just left you feeling nothing. It went a long time building up the suspension only for nothing to happen. The characters were also very bland and dry. I did like how ninety percent of the movie was done inside the hotel which gave the feeling of being trapped inside. Again something they could of played off of.

9. Wesley Wilson's rating of the film The Innkeepers

This movie was not great or good. I was kind of excited to see what else Ti West could do after watching The House of the Devil (which I also did not like very much) but i see that he is still using cheap thrills to get a scare and failed. This movie should not be considered horror but maybe rewrite it and make it kid friendly and it could rival some of the old R.L. Stine movies (which I loved)

10. lindsy's rating of the film The Innkeepers

The film, which follows two innkeepers who hunt for ghosts in the hotel they work at, has little to no suspense at all. The two focus on a woman who is said to haunt the hotel but the story is boring as there is little to no build up. The film leaves the audience waiting for something to happen but it doesn't and is ultimately, simply disappointing. It lacks development and the ending seems incomplete.

11. Jimbrowski's rating of the film The Innkeepers

Add this to the 'It Follows' pile. What a sucky piece of shit. I can't believe I sat through all of it. House of the Devil isn't much scarier, but at least it has it's 80's B-Horror nostalgia going for it. Aside from it's score, this one has nothing going for it. I feel like I just watched someone's student film.

12. Daniel Nguyen's rating of the film The Innkeepers

The film’s plot was alright compared to the shots, acting and the hotel itself. The shots of the scenes were great and the acting was superb being that there was only about three characters throughout the film. The hotel did the job by being mysterious and provided that menacing aura. I did find the first half of the film uninteresting and too stale compared to the last half. Overall, it was a mediocre horror film.

13. Kevin's rating of the film The Innkeepers

Really surprised by the bad reviews here. I was so intrigued by West's camera movements and minimalist techniques. The floating camera shots and slight tilts kept the suspense, even during lulls, and were used as foreshadowing when less inventive (or more lazy) directors would just use dialogue. Easily one of the best haunted house flicks around.

14. ijustgetbored's rating of the film The Innkeepers

Sara Paxton plays her naive part excellently, and the supporting cast is not bad (though I'm not sure what's up with the Lena Dunham moment). The dialogue is quite good, except for any spoken parts that are supposed to further the "plot." A problem with this film is that it's neither campy fun nor a well-developed ghost story. The neither here nor there plot is ultimately frustrating and disappointing.

15. Stefan Drees's rating of the film The Innkeepers

There are really good moments related to the cinematography, e.g. the slow camera movements through the corridors into the rooms. But the story is told in a very dull way.

16. Wee Hunk's rating of the film The Innkeepers

It was definitely an improvement on THOTD. Sara Paxon nailed her part quite well. That personality type is the kind that just can't figure out when it's time to go.

17. Ben Loory's rating of the film The Innkeepers

ti west is a talented director and a good writer of dialogue; as a storyteller he doesn't seem to have any idea what he's doing. this isn't a bad movie; it's got a good setup; it just never goes anywhere or finds another side to any of the characters.

18. vordven's rating of the film The Innkeepers

19. Stefano De Putti's rating of the film The Innkeepers

20. Adham T. Fusama's rating of the film The Innkeepers

Lack of tension, lack of background story, just blah

21. Andrew Miller's rating of the film The Innkeepers

Limp and uninspired genre routines. As usual, the ghostly stuff is the least interesting.

22. Dogukan4Ever's rating of the film The Innkeepers

23. Jordan Kaltz's rating of the film The Innkeepers

Just a really boring version of house of the devil w/ half the tension

24. Rocketsfallonrocketfalls Haven's rating of the film The Innkeepers

So'n'so haunted house flick. Ti West does a good job in creating suspense, however the whole result is predictable and somewhat unsatisfying.

← Previous 1 3 4 5