1. Johnny Mislow's rating of the film The Innocents

I already saw "The Others" so I couln't fully apreciate the story seeing I already know how it ends. The shot and screen-composition is divine, nonetheless.

2. Richmond Hill's rating of the film The Innocents

A superbly controlled exercise in nuance, suggestion and insinuation. Less is most definitely more as the true horrors bubble underneath the gorgeous surface detail in a dreadful stew of repression and corruption, occasionally slicing through: witness the too-lingering kiss (with added shock in these heightened times). The high contrast photography makes better use of the scope format than many a bloated epic.

3. FISCHER's rating of the film The Innocents

Incontestablement, un éclatant et précieux joyau du cinéma fantastique, une perle rare, une réussite parfaite dans le genre, traversé par l'impressionnante interprétation des principaux acteurs, rehaussé par le sublime noir et blanc du chef-opérateur Freddie Francis et cautionné par l'excellente nouvelle d'Henry James adaptée plus d'une vingtaine de fois au cinéma ou à la télévision... www.cinefiches.com

4. Aaron Dillenbeck's rating of the film The Innocents

Simple horror is always the most effective and memorable. No jump scares. Not blood and dismemberment. Just total control of light, sound, and camera movement. The kids are absolutely terrifying. I was left speechless and unsettled almost every 10 minutes and I enjoyed it each time. It goes down under "masterpiece" in my mental library. Horror went downhill after this. The pinnacle.

5. le Gars's rating of the film The Innocents

6. Filipe F. Coutinho's rating of the film The Innocents

The road to hell is paved with good intentions, and in Clayton's masterful The Innocents, nobody could have played a better Beelzebub than Deborah Kerr. The astonishing camerawork not only brings to life the brooding nature of the tale, but also casts a light on the various shades of innocence (and lack there of).

7. nouvelle vague 1960's rating of the film The Innocents

Simply the greatest ghost story ever filmed!I cannot fault it.Even now,I'm shivering just thinking about the ghostly figure in the reeds,by the lake.Superb direction,cinematography,script and acting.Whether you watch it as a straight ghost story,or an account of a disturbed,religious,sexually repressed Victorian governess.Just see it and be chilled to the bone and remember,nobody can hear you scream,inside your mind.

8. wiwitaek's rating of the film The Innocents

One of the most powerful horror movie. A must watch for horror fans.

9. Roy Deckard's rating of the film The Innocents

"Enter my lord. Come from your prison. Come from your grave, for the moon is a risen. Welcome, my lord."

10. ofNatalie LA's rating of the film The Innocents

It's frightening because it's a proper gothic tale and it plays on maternal fears.

11. Allison Rung's rating of the film The Innocents

I would like to get this on a syllabus with We Need to Talk about Kevin. Children are most terrifying when adult-like.

12. ionu's rating of the film The Innocents

13. Laura Vasile's rating of the film The Innocents

14. Zach Closs's rating of the film The Innocents

"The Innocents" captures the gentle, pervasive dread of being truly alone like few films can -- Giddens (played with quiet intensity by Deborah Kerr) faces not only physical isolation at Bly; she is alone with her beliefs, her suspicions, and her sanity (or insanity). No jump scares here. Just the occasional distant, stoic figure on the estate's bleak horizon, and empty smiles and courtesies from two 'innocent' kids.

15. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film The Innocents

3-4. Striking old-school horror film with just enough character given to each element, and plenty of visual panache.

16. Lutka's rating of the film The Innocents

Beautiful black and white mystery.

17. ceknklsn's rating of the film The Innocents

18. eariadne's rating of the film The Innocents

wow!! a new absolute favourite!! stunningly beautiful and so well cast and acted

19. Andrew Miller's rating of the film The Innocents

I like to think that James would have appreciated this beautiful film.

20. sacajawèale's rating of the film The Innocents

21. poopsy123's rating of the film The Innocents

need to rewatch this aasdas

22. Thomas's rating of the film The Innocents

A beautifully sublime classic gothic horror with an underlying threat of evil, malice and genuine terror. More in the suggestive dreamlike quality as opposed to explicit shock tactics. It feels almost timeless.

23. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film The Innocents

Lo más apasionante de este filme es que mediante surge el terror y posteriormente la paranoia va acrecentándose una brecha entre lo desconocido y lo sugerente. Es por un lado esa hipótesis sobre los niños convertidos en serviles de la servidumbre fantasmal, es por otro esa historia perversa sobre la inocencia obstruida, por lo irreal pero sobretodo por lo sexual. Hay una desmitificación sobre la infancia interrumpida

24. knockkneed's rating of the film The Innocents

absolutely frightful. it's a shame how poorly the reverb and delay has aged.

← Previous 1 3 4