1. J. Cortazar's rating of the film The Interrupters

Very moving. Incredible film, must-see for anyone loving in Chicago, but really anyone living in America.

2. rachel collier's rating of the film The Interrupters

3. Jimmi HRS's rating of the film The Interrupters

A sobering film but not as hopeless as a lot of documentaries that I've seen on Chicago's violence. The male and female interrupters are saints and the way Steve James breaks the barrier with these people produces some truly authentic and heart breaking moments.

4. Jim Cee's rating of the film The Interrupters

Life is about attitude.

5. Annalicia Poehler's rating of the film The Interrupters

a story of lost voices that are finally heard and helped. simply tremendous.

6. Addy K.'s rating of the film The Interrupters

THE INTERRUPTERS is utterly, unabashedly, completely about the human desire for happiness. Sentimental yet irresistibly moving, the doc offers this wisdom, especially to thugs: all you need is love.

7. codyhunter's rating of the film The Interrupters

8. Cbarky99's rating of the film The Interrupters

9. Violeta Ayala's rating of the film The Interrupters

An extremely important film but find it at sometimes long and not very well crafted...

10. bleadof's rating of the film The Interrupters

This is the best documentary I saw 2011. It touched me in a personal level even though I live in Finland where we have things easy and safe. The people in this movie are real flesh and bone. They show you the dark side of the gangs in Chicago and how these Interrupters are trying to make a difference, to make a safer city. If you see only one documentary from 2011, see this.

11. WhatsUpWill's rating of the film The Interrupters

A gut-wrenching piece of work about the sociology and psychology of violence. Deeply humanistic. I think it might have just converted me to becoming a pacifist.

12. pivic's rating of the film The Interrupters

A very heartfelt documentary about street-violence among youths in Chicago, made in 2010. It's close to the bone, and the makers are a fly on the wall; all conversations, fights, confessions and mediations are displayed. It's got heart, pain, reality and hope.

13. Kyle Lewis's rating of the film The Interrupters

Another stellar documentary from Steve James. How this didn't even get nominated for the Oscar more than solidifies the irrelevance of the award.

14. Nikyatu's rating of the film The Interrupters

15. Matthew_Lucas's rating of the film The Interrupters

A compelling and ultimately redemptive documentary about a group of former gang members who seek to mediate conflict and stop the violence in Chicago's most dangerous neighborhoods. James creates a fascinating and moving exploration of the roots of violence and those who seek to put an end to its vicious cycle.

16. Thor's rating of the film The Interrupters

The Interrupters trailer is now online: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXmm0MZLGxY