1. ruthlornaadele's rating of the film The Intervention

2. Samuel Donath's rating of the film The Intervention

Wants to be Cassavetes. Tires to be Cassavetes, but it is not even close. Cassavetes was not sloppy. Gets interesting towards the end, but leaves is wondering more about the "friends" involved rather than that main character.

3. Minhal Baig's rating of the film The Intervention

With the aesthetic of Cassavetes, the Duplass Brothers' short film packs a punch. What starts out as seemingly mundane turns into the serious; a group of well-intentioned friends attempt to help their friend Steve come out of the closet, but their methods are less than ideal.

4. OcioActivo's rating of the film The Intervention

Great discovery for those who follow the Duplass Bros. these days. The build-up, subtle insights, and Altman-like dialogue makes this a worthy short flick. Punchy ending and mayhaps emblematic of the times?

5. ajdehany's rating of the film The Intervention

When does an intervention turn into a form of abuse? The motivations of the friends may be shady, perhaps well-intentioned but ill-conceived, giving the film a deep ambivalence.

6. David R Williams's rating of the film The Intervention

I hate nothing worse than whining urban characters bemoaning their fate in the universe. I only gave this 2 stars because I did think the performances were decent and the cinematography of interest.

7. Atzin Ortiz González's rating of the film The Intervention

With an aesthetic surely inspired by the work of Cassavetes, the story unfolds and shifts nicely from the allegedly friendly to the downright manipulative making the denial and acceptance come more off like an exercise in mind fucking.

8. Superfrog's rating of the film The Intervention

9. Charlie's rating of the film The Intervention

It's a good story but the performances weren't that good. As for the story, what was the point of doing this? The "friends" are not friendly at all and nobody should be forced to get out of the closet. It's something that they must do by themselves when ready. A friend should encourage another friend to feel better, a friend should help. But this didn't seem to help at all. Watching this was quite stressing for me.

10. Morris Bros.'s rating of the film The Intervention

The way Mark presses Steve, and purposely brings up instances to strong-arm Steve -- not into BEING, but into admittance, comes off hardly 'friendly' let alone persuasive. Even from the start. It's all rather unpleasant. And the performances aren't topnotch, either. 2.4

11. mpho3's rating of the film The Intervention

duplass needs an intervention to stop his obsession with the worst types of people

12. dudewiththeface's rating of the film The Intervention

Starts light-hearted and turns darker quickly, all with a nice flow. The performances feel like your in a circle of what seems to be friends, probably because they all really were, but it lends itself nicely to the progression of the simple to understand but complex issue in the story. It definitely did remind me of watching Cassevettes.

13. Ayesha Casely-Hayford's rating of the film The Intervention

"Will someone fucking tell me what happened with Ron?!"

14. Adam S. Hacker's rating of the film The Intervention

If you've ever lived in NYC, you will get this.

15. Casanorte's rating of the film The Intervention

Sencillo y excelente trabajo, como siempre, de los Duplass

16. straykat's rating of the film The Intervention

is this what friends are for?

17. MichaelCurtis's rating of the film The Intervention

how this film ever took best short is beyond me. bad lighting, horrendous camera work, and performances that don't ring true. i guess that makes it brilliant.

18. Mirkle's rating of the film The Intervention

This is supposed to be funny? It's a great little film, well acted, interestingly shot, and ... really rather unpleasant.

19. Wee Hunk's rating of the film The Intervention

I just assume everyone is secretly gay.

20. Penelope q's rating of the film The Intervention

This intervention thing is alien to me and even if I tryed, coudn't conect with anything in this sortfilm.

21. Draughtsman Without Contract's rating of the film The Intervention

One of the more tedious ways to spend 15 minutes.

22. raggiodisole's rating of the film The Intervention

23. janh24's rating of the film The Intervention

24. Roger George's rating of the film The Intervention

A little like watching an old Cassavetes movie for the first time. Loved it.