1. nostrobor's rating of the film The Intruder

Characters study. Don't try to find a logic explanation that drew everything together. Let yourself get carried by images and atmospheres.

2. FISCHER's rating of the film The Intruder

D'une étrange beauté désespérée, une oeuvre hautement fragile, d'un puissant envoûtement élémentaire, desservie par une histoire en perpétuel déséquilibre, comme "échappée" à la mainmise cartésienne des scénaristes et qui, paradoxalement, par là même, en tire un puissant charme impalpable, flirtant sans cesse avec un potentiel chef-d'oeuvre resté paradoxalement inabouti... www.cinefiches.com

3. lazycalm's rating of the film The Intruder

Yekaterina's soft voice...God, how I miss her! T_T The movie itself is very hypnotic. Couldn't really grasp what happened until about an hour after the movie was over. Still, I couldn't stop watching nor forgetting.

4. Wee Hunk's rating of the film The Intruder

The film's elliptical style casts you in the role of a detective. Was that real or a dream? I certainly identified with the son not really understanding the father. It's based on a humorous work by Jean-Luc Nancy in which a man uses his brain to try to understand his new heart. The father doesn't really have a heart, and even after he gets a new one, he still doesn't know how to use it. It's just an intruder.

5. Balthaz21's rating of the film The Intruder

6. Renton47's rating of the film The Intruder

Inspired by a philosophy text, this comes close to achieving a transience of sensation, or a grounding of consciousness that philosophy often strives for. It also captures an ephemeral sense of globalisation, though largely how that utopia still favours the privileged. Those strands create Denis' most obtuse work to date, and one that I'm holding off loving until I see a nice print, as with much of her underseen work

7. pirri's rating of the film The Intruder

8. Andrew Miller's rating of the film The Intruder

The only Denis I've been able to see on a theater screen. The free-floating sense of otherness here reminded me of Weerasethakul.

9. thivai abhor's rating of the film The Intruder

This film, so suggestive and powerful, left me stunned by its imagistic storytelling -- I want more!

10. MONSIEURDE's rating of the film The Intruder

11. Erik F.'s rating of the film The Intruder

Definitely giving this another chance someday. I saw it a few years ago and it was too subtle or cryptic or something else for my younger self to comprehend.

12. mubianer's rating of the film The Intruder

One of the rare modern films that take us somewhere new. It's now one of my favourites, which is strange as I haven't been really overwhelmed by other Denis films. Dreams, borders, the hidden structures of an old system beneath the surface of the modern world. Also: Outstanding soundtrack.

13. Ronja's rating of the film The Intruder

beautiful music and beautiful interplay between sound and image

14. Marc St-Cyr (Death cinéphilia)'s rating of the film The Intruder

The most singular woman filmmaker along with Akerman. Still Scratching my head on this one! The most frustrating is that i need to re-watch the film, but i can't find the time and the patience required.

15. Stevie's rating of the film The Intruder

Denis' poetic, sensuous style is in full flow in The Intruder. The images are absolutely stunning.

16. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film The Intruder

A really well made and somber character study.

17. Yasser Azmy's rating of the film The Intruder

The film made with beautiful shots and inserts i liked , but i didnt get the whole point and i cared to know that annoyed me . The film pushes you to think but the narrative make you feel more than thinking about what is about ,am not bored i'll give it a second viewing sometime

18. o_oo's rating of the film The Intruder

top billing goes to: European Graduate School.

19. Robert W Peabody III's rating of the film The Intruder

20. Brian Jeans's rating of the film The Intruder

Left me covered with a with a thick somewhat unpleasant membrane that took days to wash off. Yet I can't stay away from this picture, if for no other reason than the dogs, those true arbiters of justice over these sad human trajectories. Long live Maldoror!

21. Ryan Browder's rating of the film The Intruder

This film is a dream and so is it's soundtrack!

22. © <',))( Astro-Tofupraxographer's rating of the film The Intruder

There is a shot in this film that is almost identical to a shot in Hutton's At Sea, and it suddenly made imagine that Denis and Hutton could have been shooting at the same time. The two films couldn't be more different, yet they both seem to put me in the same space: an open plane in which allows ideas to emerge, in which active viewing becomes part of the creative process.

23. Roberto Carlos's rating of the film The Intruder

Denis at her most abstract and enigmatic. Cinema of the highest order.

24. Gylfi's rating of the film The Intruder

A reviewer for The Guardian wrote :" I’m still scratching my head over this one, but the itch is mostly pleasant." It perfectly describes my feelings for the film.