1. Slappy McGee's rating of the film The Invisible War

Sobering and enlightening. Such a damn shame that people in power are left unchecked like this. Unbelievable. A film that everyone in the government and military needs to see. Infuriating.

2. tintinmugshot's rating of the film The Invisible War

As a documentary, is poor and lazy. Even Michael Moore would do something better. Two stars only for the great and disturbing subject.

3. caitlin.f's rating of the film The Invisible War

as a woman, i don't find this even remotely surprising or shocking. that doesn't make it any less abhorrent or rage-inducing.

4. Nick Potter's rating of the film The Invisible War

Terrifying to consider how much goes unnoticed, infuriating to discover how this situation has been handled, depressing to realize for how long it has been happening.

5. Donald Daedalus's rating of the film The Invisible War

A necessary watch for any female considering serving in the U.S. military.

6. Byram's rating of the film The Invisible War

An uncomfortable confrontation with an acknowledged problem that gets little actionable progress out of it. The documentary captured the humanity of the rape survivors well, and brought into relief how women assaulted in the military are arguably more vulnerable than the general population. It made me appreciate how endemic the idea of "ignore and move on" is in military culture, and that's messed up.

7. Michael Hess's rating of the film The Invisible War

More of a work of journalism than a work of cinema, The Invisible War tackles a critical issue which undermines myths of American greatness. Heartwrenching stories of grief combine with slick infographics to lay out the outrageous epidemic of rape in the US military. Unfortunately the production is closer to a cable news expose than many aesthetically gripping documentaries in recent years.

8. David R Williams's rating of the film The Invisible War

Hearing these stories all I wanted to do was track down these bastards and take a baseball bat to their heads. America's bravest? America's cowards. I hope there's a terrorist's bullet with their name on it.

9. muse_x's rating of the film The Invisible War

Against my better judgement, I chose to watch this doc. Am willing to bet my right arm that "rape is an occupational hazard" does not appear, as a disclaimer, in any of their promotional ads, let alone sign-in forms. It's fucked up. We owe them better.

10. Wesley Wilson's rating of the film The Invisible War

This is a truly eye-opening film. I served 13 and a half years in the Army and knew that this was a serious problem but to see what these service members went through is beyond appalling. This film should be shown during entry training so that the recruits know that they have a voice is something like this happens. Kirby Dick did an amazing job communicating this issue to the public and cutting out the jargon.

11. Camila Vimo's rating of the film The Invisible War

When we think of war we think guns and explosives. This film portrays the war within the war. Many american soldiers are raped during wartime on the field. This film was a true eye-opener to the barbaric crimes that our “american heroes” commit. Its an excellent way of actually understanding the true act of duty that our soldiers sign up for when they put pen to paper. It is a must see. Truly entertaining.

12. lindsy's rating of the film The Invisible War

The documentary The Invisible War gives heartbreaking insight into what happens to women in the military. The director, Kirby Dick, interviews different women who have their own experiences with the culture of rape and assault that happens in the military as well as how they have dealt with their trauma. This should be recommended viewing for those who plan or think about joining the military in the future.

13. Joshua Wonders's rating of the film The Invisible War

Heart-wrenching, sickening, enlightening, infuriating, inspiring, and anything and everything in between. One of the most crucial documentaries for any Human Being to see and hear. Each of the women and men affected by this disgraceful and downright disgusting act has a right to see justice and live in peace. For some it has taken 10 years to start to heal, for some it never came. To them: please never stop fighting.

14. Wee Hunk's rating of the film The Invisible War

Why are you showing PBS documentaries on MUBI? To get my Jean-Luc Godard fix I actually went to Netflix. Something is broken.

15. Mark Tallo's rating of the film The Invisible War

Hard to watch but important.

16. Linn's rating of the film The Invisible War

Absolutely devastating documentary. The US armed forces seem to be a magnifying glass of what are in fact very general problems of the patriarchal society: Violence against women (and men), victim blaming, stonewalling investigations. Multiply this with issues of insufficient health insurance and other social security blackouts and you'll want to throw up next time you hear "band of brothers and sisters" somewhere.

17. Carlos Filipe Freitas's rating of the film The Invisible War

This is a case to everybody start worrying about: http://alwayswatchgoodmovies.blogspot.com/2012/11/the-invisible-war-2012.html

18. Jordan Peters's rating of the film The Invisible War

Not the best-crafted documentary going around, but still very required watching, even for its subject matter alone.

19. virginwolf's rating of the film The Invisible War

why doesn't anybody like this guy? think he's doing what he likes, has fun during the process, and tells some really fucking important stories!

20. Chichago_'s rating of the film The Invisible War

A great documentary. I just watched this two days ago and it made me cry.

21. Eingya's rating of the film The Invisible War

Does a great job of presenting the problem without looking to "predatory" on the particular cases but at the same time managing to fully express how sickening is the trend as a whole. Kirby Dick confirm himself an extremely good documentarist.

22. Norman1706's rating of the film The Invisible War

a great documentary that makes me really mad.

23. Christopher M. Jones's rating of the film The Invisible War

Mandatory viewing for everyone who lives in the United States. Put it in civics classes.

24. saiths's rating of the film The Invisible War

finally a great documentary that addresses the issue of rape of women AND men in the military. it's disgusting. i wanted to purge myself of ever watching this because of how many terrible things have happened to these people. this is how you do a documentary.