1. Luis Pires's rating of the film The Iron Rose

Hugues Quester is unbelievably annoying.

2. L'immoralistee's rating of the film The Iron Rose

3. kartina obskura's rating of the film The Iron Rose

when you think going to a graveyard on a date is a good idea

4. Christopher M. Jones's rating of the film The Iron Rose

beguilingly kinetic for something so minimal. I forgot to turn the subtitles on but I don't think I missed much

5. ΞRIC B∆D TASTΞ's rating of the film The Iron Rose

graveyard love. i sadly miss the part were we see when or why the girl turns crazy.

6. tsamaroden's rating of the film The Iron Rose

Talk about bad first dates. This one involves a young couple getting frisky in a cemetery and getting lost after dark. Good acting and beautiful cinematography makes this film a must see for fans of Euro horror of the 70s.

7. josh scam's rating of the film The Iron Rose

a film both pretentious and thoughtless. i didn't know it was possible

8. reijagrrl's rating of the film The Iron Rose

9. RoRoRoro's rating of the film The Iron Rose

10. Ricky F's rating of the film The Iron Rose

This movie really captures the french symbolism and decadentism of the late XIX century. It's a great tribute to Corbière.

11. Vacantgarde's rating of the film The Iron Rose

Movie has no ideas &far better visual garbage is available if one really wants to watch a "tone poem" going down. For a superior experience go sit in a damp ditch

12. vordven's rating of the film The Iron Rose

13. EdieEmm's rating of the film The Iron Rose

Not sure what Rollin intended with the film, but it felt like an allegory for (my) youth (lessons learned; identities shaped over long, weird nights...). I appreciated it along those lines, maybe for personal reasons. Objectively, it wasn't that great.

14. dAlton Anthony's rating of the film The Iron Rose

The Iron Rose and Jean Rollin have a cult following but there are little redeeming qualities about this campy, juvenile film. It accomplishes no meaningful social or political work and breaks no boundaries. No self-reflection on French post-colonial identity, gender relations or a world economy undergoing drastic collapse and reform in the early 70s. A frivolous exercise organized around Françoise Pascal’s breasts.

15. Josef Rodriguez's rating of the film The Iron Rose

Had a lot of potential and featured some really great metaphorical imagery, but ultimately fell apart in the 2nd half.

16. kmtorres91's rating of the film The Iron Rose

17. hippogriffrider's rating of the film The Iron Rose

Starts off really well but completely loses itself about an hour in. I had to skip through the last 10 minutes where it was the girl skipping around.

18. jacbruneau's rating of the film The Iron Rose

A movie to project on the front of your house at halloween. BUT, the monologic parts of the script were contrived, and the plot willy-nilly. The actors are sort of interesting and so is the general premise of the flick. However, for me, it didn't stick. I'd say skip.

19. Joe Pryweller's rating of the film The Iron Rose

Somehow captivating in its moodiness and latent eroticism despite making little sense. The transition of the woman from being scared of the cemetery to loving those dead people (maybe she seems dead people, too), the walkthroughs of Bozo the Clown, the leering monk and Count Chocula, the impulse of the lovers to jump into an open crypt for "privacy," all make this high on the weirdness quotient.

20. Julian Renard's rating of the film The Iron Rose

Françoise Pascal is both gorgeous and terrifying

21. Draughtsman Without Contract's rating of the film The Iron Rose

Given the more than passing resemblance of the main man to Bryan Ferry I almost expected Brian Eno to rise from the crypt amidst an array of keyboards whilst some of the statuary monuments metamorphosed into Andy Mackay and the rest of the band for a rendition of Do The Strand. Sadly it wasn't to be.

22. Max Seqgar's rating of the film The Iron Rose

Creepy romanticism extravaganza!

23. tintinmugshot's rating of the film The Iron Rose

24. klofter's rating of the film The Iron Rose

Such was what the so-called "Baby Boomers" had to contend with in Western Europe: reconcile a recent past of unfathomable destruction and death with a present of youthful yearnings and an uncertain future. A beautifully shot allegory that doesn't provide any easy answers.