1. FISCHER's rating of the film The Island of Dr. Moreau

Malgré un superbe générique et la présence "masochiste" de l'immense Marlon Brando, le film n'arrive jamais à la poésie et au mystère de la première version... www.cinefiches.com

2. ofNatalie LA's rating of the film The Island of Dr. Moreau

I am going to watch all of Val Kilmer's work because I'm worried about his health right now. I suggest a viewing of the making of doc to know why nothing makes sense. Montgomery never does finish that sentence about why he's even here. Is Brando even acting when beckons for more ice to fill his bucket hat. Kilmer and Brando compete in utterly mocking everything, and it's aesthetic and fascinating like an MGMT video.

3. Terry_Moby's rating of the film The Island of Dr. Moreau

4. John Matrix's rating of the film The Island of Dr. Moreau

The amount of hate Moreau receives is unwarranted. It never rises above Hollywood convention, but it's coherent, well-paced, & graced by Brando's batshit insane performance as the eponymous mad doctor (Kilmer is wacko too). There's even some thematic weight (though not much): the descent of the man-beasts into depravity is a crude assertion that man needs God to be civilized. Overall it suffices for shallow fun.

5. V.S. Luoma-aho's rating of the film The Island of Dr. Moreau

Such a weird dynamic (or lack thereof) when both Brando AND Kilmer try to mess up the film the best they can. Both are actually quite good & interesting, but the film itself is kind of a turd. I watched it again, after almost twenty years, for the heck of it, having just watched the great documentary "Lost Soul: The Doomed Journey of Richard Stanley's Island of Dr. Moreau". Watch the documentary, skip the main event.

6. tomservo's rating of the film The Island of Dr. Moreau

just horrible, the worst John Frankenheimer movie I've seen and I enjoy his films quite a bit. I just couldn't stand that English guy for some reason and Marlon Brando's costume and makeup was just ludicrous.

7. ElTigreNegro's rating of the film The Island of Dr. Moreau

Everyone is so distracted with Brando's shitty performance that they dismiss Kilmer's truly inspiring work in this one.

8. Daniel S.'s rating of the film The Island of Dr. Moreau

A movie with a B screenplay. You have to see Marlon Brando's first appearance to believe it. I've always believed that, for a movie lover, it's recommended if not sane to see such films once in a while. Because it makes you remember why you fell in love with cinema in the first place.

9. Rattzz Matanzano's rating of the film The Island of Dr. Moreau

10. Spencer Draper's rating of the film The Island of Dr. Moreau

I couldn't ever finish this and I like Brando, Kilmer, and Thewlis. I love Frankenheimer and Wells but what exactly is this mess?

11. Jaspar Lamar Crabb's rating of the film The Island of Dr. Moreau

Anyone even attempting to view this as anything serious is in for a disapointment...seen as the camp classic that it is, it's hilarious, scary, outrageous, and brilliantly acted by both Brando and Kilmer

12. sayurkangkung's rating of the film The Island of Dr. Moreau

Long time haven't seen this one, not so memorable except for the 'animals', it was weird, remember watching it when i was a wee lad...