1. smndvdcl's rating of the film The Jinx: The Life and Deaths of Robert Durst

"All my life, I've had more money than I can spend and it didn't make me happy." Affluenza-gone-homicidal personified. It's those candid supposedly off-camera mumblings in the aftermath of intense interviews that remain the most shocking elements of this documentary.

2. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film The Jinx: The Life and Deaths of Robert Durst

3. Dries's rating of the film The Jinx: The Life and Deaths of Robert Durst

uno dei documentari più interessanti mai visti con un finale da brividi !!

4. steeeeellaaaaa's rating of the film The Jinx: The Life and Deaths of Robert Durst

5. Blue Roses's rating of the film The Jinx: The Life and Deaths of Robert Durst

6. The Cinema Doll's rating of the film The Jinx: The Life and Deaths of Robert Durst

I'm only a few episodes in but completely hooked.

7. V.S. Luoma-aho's rating of the film The Jinx: The Life and Deaths of Robert Durst

The 6th episode is, of course, murderous. All in all I'm not sure how I feel about true crime series like this and the Steven Avery one. They teeter on the brink of banal and boring (the American justice system is jilted, news at eleven), whilst at the same time having huge ramifications. And for sure, the "bathroom monologue" is truly wrenching, something only a document could do.

8. Diderot's rating of the film The Jinx: The Life and Deaths of Robert Durst

9. Rocco's rating of the film The Jinx: The Life and Deaths of Robert Durst

10. vordven's rating of the film The Jinx: The Life and Deaths of Robert Durst

11. Sean Patrick Stevens's rating of the film The Jinx: The Life and Deaths of Robert Durst

I really liked the the brother's caginess when the filmmaker confronts him off guard. Other than that I don't know if the director needed to be part of the story.

12. Janit's rating of the film The Jinx: The Life and Deaths of Robert Durst

Fuckity fuckity fuck. HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO SLEEP AFTER THIS.

13. Disa's rating of the film The Jinx: The Life and Deaths of Robert Durst

the last sentence gives me goosebumps.

14. Gonçalo Rosas's rating of the film The Jinx: The Life and Deaths of Robert Durst

8 - Crime documentaries have always been a guilty pleasure of mine, because despite how fascinating I find their subjects, I have always taken enormous umbrage with their trademark cheap tactics such as recreations, inappropriate intros and overbearing soundtracks. "The Jinx", well-made as it is, contains these, but do the final, chilling 10 minutes of the piece ever burn most of that trepidation away.

15. Ariel Rowan's rating of the film The Jinx: The Life and Deaths of Robert Durst

watched all in one sitting until 6am, gripping and a chilling end but jareckis presence and muddled chronology took it down a notch of intensity.

16. Dan's rating of the film The Jinx: The Life and Deaths of Robert Durst

His squints and whispers to himself unnerved but I was scared shitless as the filmmakers prepared for the final interview. Sometimes, monsters wear cashmere sweaters.

17. Tigrão's rating of the film The Jinx: The Life and Deaths of Robert Durst

One of the most disturbing ending I've ever seen.

18. Helen's rating of the film The Jinx: The Life and Deaths of Robert Durst

Fascinating - a relative to Errol Morris' The Thin Blue Line. Unfortunately suffers greatly from Jarecki's inexplicable love for including himself and his facial hair on camera.

19. Christopher McQuain's rating of the film The Jinx: The Life and Deaths of Robert Durst

20. Howard Orr's rating of the film The Jinx: The Life and Deaths of Robert Durst

[Spoilers] Its lasting influence may be that it is a documentary that grants the viewer an attention span by leaving the confines of the movie-length presentation. The final scene, weird rehearsal or confession be it as may be, is creepy but at the same time utterly pathetic; yet Jarecki's own sense of deflation and betrayal with both Durst and the whole project at the very end is the perhaps most affecting aspect.

21. lina maj's rating of the film The Jinx: The Life and Deaths of Robert Durst

Really nice last chapters - the process of making this documentary comes so alive, almost nerve wrecking.

22. Rafael Zen's rating of the film The Jinx: The Life and Deaths of Robert Durst

I don't know about this one. It's an intriguing crime story, but I think it took too much screen time to be told. The sixth part is completely fast-foward deserving, with that punch line at the end. It could easily be a 90-120 minutes documentary. The styled reenactment is cool, but at the end The Jinx lacks editing. Obs: It's cool how you feel threatened by Durst... it got under my skin.

23. Célio g.'s rating of the film The Jinx: The Life and Deaths of Robert Durst

24. Endless Eye's rating of the film The Jinx: The Life and Deaths of Robert Durst

My guess is that when people look back to 2015 they might mention The Jinx as part of a new era in documentary film in the United States. From the stylized dramatization to the insane ramifications of how a story being told effects its own outcome, The Jinx is a masterpiece of serial storytelling.