1. corycorycorycory's rating of the film The Jungle Book

They pulled off making a tongue in cheek reboot of the Jungle Book whilst turning out a good movie. I mean, full star for just how goddamned good the animals looked. The songs were weird, but they were almost a funny joke.

2. Rininta Irientantya's rating of the film The Jungle Book

ye only because bill murray's in it envisioned the perfect baloo

3. the_mentaculus's rating of the film The Jungle Book

The algorithm that auto-generated my movie must have been glitching: it looked like Jungle Book but felt like Lion King (among other notables, a shot-for-shot climax), and sounded like King of New York. Needed at least 150 more people error-correcting the code.

4. nargs_au's rating of the film The Jungle Book

Much better than I thought it would be, cgi has come a long way.

5. Raymond Likes Subtitles's rating of the film The Jungle Book

Didn't work for me. Great CGI doesn't make a great movie. I like Bill Murray but God he murders Bear Necessities.

6. MistaRichard's rating of the film The Jungle Book

It's always hard adapting an animated film to "live action", but it is even harder to remake such a nostalgia-inducing classic as this; for that, I give it kudos. At least for trying. Kipling's tale is revived and brought closer to the younger generations who would probably have little to no contact with the original. But it does not beat it.

7. Ananta Vania Iswardhani's rating of the film The Jungle Book

Three stars for one of the greatest visual effects I've ever seen and for the perfect voice actors. However, the undeveloped characters (especially the wolves) and to be frank, Mowgli's bad performance really really made me cringe. The kid fails to deliver the messages and the emotions, which are crucial for the whole movie. I am sorry, you know it's that bad, even for a child actor.

8. OldGermanCurrency's rating of the film The Jungle Book

9. N!nA's rating of the film The Jungle Book

It was a torture watching it!

10. Leif Erikson's rating of the film The Jungle Book

A man-cub becomes a man, and man is forbidden!

11. sominjeon's rating of the film The Jungle Book

An AMAZING movie. Neel Sethi deserved to win an Oscar before Leonardo DiCaprio.

12. Justwibi's rating of the film The Jungle Book

13. Viginti_tres's rating of the film The Jungle Book

A strange mix of naturalism and cartoonishness that didn't ever really work for me. Pretty, but vapid. It's also clear in this version that Mowgli is the villain.

14. Cosi's rating of the film The Jungle Book

15. Amanda A.Costa's rating of the film The Jungle Book

Great choice cast to make the animal s voice! It was really nice ( and scaring ) to hear Idris Elba as the voice of the tiger. Very well made and good work by Jon Favreu. And that pack of lil wolves is so damn cute...

16. swordofdoom's rating of the film The Jungle Book

props to Jon Favreu for making some consistantly fun and enjoyable films that don't irritate me.

17. Schnagelkott's rating of the film The Jungle Book

18. Mathias Palmberg's rating of the film The Jungle Book

A great adventure flick for the young ones. My kid liked it but as an adult you might feel short changed. The movie looks and sounds great and the voice casting choices are inspired and on point. Story wise you get a good version of the source material but it could have used a bit more depth. But hey, it is a movie for the younger audience. Not a grumpy old man like me.

19. Daniel Roque's rating of the film The Jungle Book

I was against this from the beginning but I'm shocked it turned out a compelling CGI approach in a very dark tone of this children classic. Can't say I loved it, but it surprised me in a good way. Also, Scarlett Johansson should play a pedophile ASAP!

20. vladimirbalt's rating of the film The Jungle Book

Fine but also unnecessary. No bare necessities here. It's all of the Jungle Book.

21. Sérgio Guedelha's rating of the film The Jungle Book

This movie has some cringy moments but hey it's mainly for children so it's ok I guess.

22. Huey McEvoy's rating of the film The Jungle Book

Proof that with a great storyteller at the helm, it's possible to go very far with just a green screen and a red loin cloth.

23. jooley's rating of the film The Jungle Book

Glad to say I was wrong and this turned out not only to NOT be a horrible idea, but to actually improve on the original. Mowgli's not bad, but the animal cast is fantastic and memorable, both as performances and visuals - possibly the most impressive CGI I've ever seen. And you can see Favreau's commitment to telling a cohesive story that is both compelling and fun. Very enjoyable.

24. HKFanatic's rating of the film The Jungle Book

Thanks to the photorealistic animal effects and a stirring score from composer John Debney (bringing to mind Michael Giacchino's work on "Super 8"), I found Jon Favreau's "The Jungle Book" much more emotionally affecting than I ever would have anticipated. Or perhaps it's simply that, in the wake of a fraught Election year, this tale of a fragile society torn apart by bigotry and violence resonates all the more.