1. smndvdcl's rating of the film The Killer Inside Me

Shock for shock's sake or a purposeful analysis of dysfunctional masculinity? It's hard to tell whether Winterbottom revels in the sadism of a corrupt cop protagonist or whether this acts as a cautionary tale. That may be the point - to discomfort the spectator in not knowing the intentions of the director. Whilst most films pull away from the voyeurism of domestic violence, this film keeps the camera on the crime.

2. J. O.'s rating of the film The Killer Inside Me

Great art direction and a wonderful period design, captured very well with a beautiful neo-noir aesthetic. Meanwhile, the dialogue was stiff and contrived leading to some very underwhelming work from the talent. Could have been much better, given the resources.

3. Marco Izner's rating of the film The Killer Inside Me

Il film in sé non sarebbe neanche male, ma ha poco a che vedere con il capolavoro letterario di Jim Thompson, di cui scrivo qualcosa qui, se interessa: http://pignette.altervista.org/jim-thompson-il-dostoevskij-del-noir/

4. ajdehany's rating of the film The Killer Inside Me

Winterbottom films pack a harsh punch in a hard world. Terrific central performance and great film making but the ending took it down from a 4* to a 3*.

5. dombrewer's rating of the film The Killer Inside Me

I can understand some of the dismay and revulsion levelled at this film, but I thought it was truly excellent. The violence is brutal and nasty... like, um, *real* violence - hard to watch and all the better for it. The whole cast are brilliant (Affleck is perfect as the bland and increasingly delusional sociopath Lou Ford), the cinematography and art direction flawless. Smart, bleak, challenging cinema.

6. lostlevel's rating of the film The Killer Inside Me

Casey Affleck is worryingly convincing but the violence was a bit much and I'm not sure it was sufficiently justified. I understood the plan but not quite what the sudden trigger was for escalation, it seemed conflated. I'm not sure I could watch it again.

7. Scott Pack's rating of the film The Killer Inside Me

I think the misogyny of the central character is explored and explained enough to justify the violence but that doesn't mean the film works. Too much happens off-screen and the plot doesn't quite fit. Feels like a rough cut of a better, more complete movie.

8. raggiodisole's rating of the film The Killer Inside Me

pah! brutal beatings of women, lame cops, a seemingly omnipotent pyscho, whats not to despise?

9. RajP's rating of the film The Killer Inside Me

Superb cinematography, great acting from the always excellent casey affeck in this unflinching depiction of a sociopath. There are two episodes of serious violence that some will object to. yet, frankly if this was tarrantino or guy ritchie movie and the violence (gratuitous) was set against some music the objectors would have no problem with it. put the violence to one side, its necessary..

10. ghostsmut's rating of the film The Killer Inside Me

One day I will watch a film with Casey Affleck in that is rubbish. But it is not this day. Here he plays a delightful sociopath who acts his life out through logic and cunning - even if his heart says otherwise. It's like a Coen brother film but without any irony or black comedy. There is some fantastic sweaty sex, heartfelt tenderness & problematic vicious violence against women - usually in the same scene.

11. joseph.w.merriman@gmail.com's rating of the film The Killer Inside Me

If you're starting your weeks trial, the fact Mubi have put this up should concern you..

12. GreenROCK's rating of the film The Killer Inside Me

A story of deputy sherif of a small American town. It is difficult to make sense of the film not because the lead actor speak throughout with a constipated voice but also it is not clear whether this character is driven by sex, money, or power. The director tried to put a little bit everything thus a soupe without a character is produced.

13. Lukasz Wisz's rating of the film The Killer Inside Me

What a fuck are u uplading here???

14. nickolia's rating of the film The Killer Inside Me

Likeable (I wanted to see what happened) but a bit 'empty' none the less.

15. Huw Morgan's rating of the film The Killer Inside Me

Anything with Casey Affleck in is amazing. Great scene with the letter.

16. Jake Davis's rating of the film The Killer Inside Me

17. Nicolas Djurdjevic's rating of the film The Killer Inside Me

One star is too much for this movie which is violent and horrible for NO reason. No need to treat a character like this on screen.

18. 87-88's rating of the film The Killer Inside Me

Winterbottom shows an immense prowess as a sensationalist hack. This is just another ( first 9 Songs) deliberately controversial con-job from this pretentious fraud.

19. Anita Nielson's rating of the film The Killer Inside Me

I think everyone should read the book too & then judge the film.

20. Edward Copeland's rating of the film The Killer Inside Me

Casey Affleck leads a solid ensemble in this faithful adaptation of the classic Jim Thompson novel. http://eddieonfilm.blogspot.com/2010/12/spending-time-in-psychopaths-head.html

21. orangey's rating of the film The Killer Inside Me

(southern white trash) American psycho....Winterbottom makes films that either want to bore the audience to death (Mighty heart) or shock/disgust them (9 songs). This goes down right the middle. Misogynist, cliched, lacking mood, every criticism you heard about it is right. The performances are great, but you can't build a movie on just that

22. Checkpoint Charlie's rating of the film The Killer Inside Me

Having read the novel and having my own ideas about the story to begin with, I had mixed feelings about this fairly decent adaptation. Casey Affleck wasn't as bad as I had feared and actually did give life to the essence of Lou Ford (personally I envisioned him as a more Mitchum-esque type, but what can you do?) and it is nice to see Simon Baker and Bill Pullman. The ending with the digital fire and the song...eh...

23. Paul Cutts's rating of the film The Killer Inside Me

This seems to say an awful lot more about Winterbottom and not much about the characters.

24. Partner in der Kriminalität's rating of the film The Killer Inside Me

What the hell did I just watch? That was the biggest waste of my time.