1. Tudor Rachieru's rating of the film The Killer

2. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film The Killer

3. nejurgi's rating of the film The Killer

lots of blood, everything is flying around

4. James Mackin's rating of the film The Killer

Beautiful action. And doves. Lots of doves.

5. RoRoRoro's rating of the film The Killer

6. Ethan's rating of the film The Killer

This is another great action film from the duo of Chow Yun Fat and John Woo that makes other action films look like they're standing still. I'm hoping the Criterion releases this in a box set with Hard Boiled.

7. Bram Vroonland's rating of the film The Killer

WOW! This movie is a thrill-ride from start to finish. The music, the gunfights, the camerawork and mise-en-scene are on point all the way through and constitute this bad-ass 80's look. Although it is at times a bit thick in pathos, it is every piece the gem you heard it should be.

8. Aardsy's rating of the film The Killer

Nothing wrong with style over substance.

9. Aaron Dillenbeck's rating of the film The Killer

A shoot 'em up with more than just bullets. Plot, performance, cinematography, and style are all here. And a ton of bullets!!!

10. ikkini's rating of the film The Killer

Et si tout le monde avait vu ce film, que serait devenu Tarantino au début de sa carrière ?

11. Traciano's rating of the film The Killer

Chow Yun-Fat shines as one of the smartest and just plain coolest assassin's I've seen in film.

12. Travis James's rating of the film The Killer

John Woo's best film in my opinion

13. Khashayar Mohammadi's rating of the film The Killer

LOVE the Neon-lit, hazy Hong Kong atmosphere, but honestly John Woo went a bit crazy with editing on this one. How many flashbacks do you need to remember what has happened 3 minutes ago in the movie?

14. Steve G.'s rating of the film The Killer

It's a bit heavy on the screeching melodrama and warbling pop ballads for my liking in a shoot-em-up, but John Woo's film has more than enough brilliant shoot-outs to be getting by on. Chow Yun-Fat's marvellous performance in the lead holds it together in its slower moments as well.

15. waywardwaters's rating of the film The Killer

sappy bastard child of Chang Cheh's "The Pirate" and "Vengeance"

16. Rufai Ajala's rating of the film The Killer

One of the best trailers out there! Over the top and operatic! 'a film concocted in nitroglycerine'

17. Federico Di Folco's rating of the film The Killer

Forse il migliore lavoro di Woo che ho visto,un action un pò noir improntato sull'amore,sull'amicizia e sul senso dell onore.Il personaggio di Fat è bello,molto caratterizzato e tiene alla grande per tutto il film.Secondo me Woo ha sempre il difetto di dosarsi poco,eccede nell action quando non ce nè bisogno ma lo fà sempre in grande stile e con una mano concessa a pochi.Duro e romantico,non alla Kitano,ma ci prova.

18. msmichel's rating of the film The Killer

Certainly one of the all time great action films. Woo's unique blend of melodrama and ultra violence reached the boiling point here in its depiction of a growing admiration between a ruthless killer and a dedicated officer. Chow Yun-Fat was the pure embodiment of cool here. All the Woo flourishes that would later become cliched are here in a career defining way. First saw this in a chinatown theatre in '89 .

19. marcus's rating of the film The Killer

What!! This is one the greatest movies ever made!!

20. Jonah's rating of the film The Killer

Read my reveiw at http://thecriterionproject.com/2010/04/10/8-the-killer/

21. Nelson Núñez's rating of the film The Killer

La verdad me esperaba muchísimo más de esta película. Más allá de las esmeradas, aunque no necesariamente sorprendentes, escenas de acción, es poco lo que se puede rescatar; el guión y la música rayan en la cursilería más espantosa. Me quedaré con el buen recuerdo de Hardboiled y Face-Off.

22. Gylfi's rating of the film The Killer

A super-cool, action packed film pumped full of steroids. Woo's films may come off as a bit too melodramatic for the Western audience, but I feel here he nailed the perfect balance between the amazing action sequences and the more emotional and tender moments of the main characters. I only wish I knew of this film as a teenager, it would have been an eye opener to Hong Kong cinema. Get ready for a bloody show!

23. Jinsie's rating of the film The Killer

Squib-happy homoerotic melodrama with occasionally brilliant editing and staging.

24. Julio's rating of the film The Killer

One of the best action films of all time.