1. thebpicture's rating of the film The Killers

quite beautiful cinematography. the scene where Kitty is introduced is beautiful. great composition and signalling out of characters. However I just could not stand the non stop use of flashbacks. Characteristic of noir and psychological film cycles of the 40s, but this film was infiltrated!

2. Gabriele Malagoli's rating of the film The Killers

3. Walker's rating of the film The Killers

It seems to me that most noir films are about the search for the truth, and if and when it is found it is usually that of fatalistic betrayal, greed, and sometimes self-destruction. I loved the pervading atmosphere of dread and the exquisite cinematography of this film which highlights and comments on what the characters are experiencing. The Swede is such a compelling character (Lancaster plays him with true verve)

4. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film The Killers

5. Aaron C Jones's rating of the film The Killers

Citizen Kane-esque film noir. I really liked where Siodmak, Veiller, and Huston (uncredited) took Hemingway's short story. In its original form, the source is basically a Nick Adams-story, but the movie goes way beyond, adding the made-up insurance guy, Reardon, taking on the Citizen Kane newspaperman role, piecing together what brought the Swede to where he was on the page. And it's really interesting.

6. Ruiz Buñuel's rating of the film The Killers

7. Tudor Rachieru's rating of the film The Killers

8. Victor Morosoff's rating of the film The Killers

9. Jdsarmientoburgos's rating of the film The Killers

Lancaster and Gardner made quite a pair.

10. A47's rating of the film The Killers

11. FISCHER's rating of the film The Killers

Nous sommes en présence d'un évident chef-d'oeuvre du film noir américain, campé par un excellent Burt Lancaster et une éblouissante Ava Gardner en mortelle femme fatale, qui se regarde à chaque fois avec un même plaisir délicieux et grisant... www.cinefiches.com

12. Nachtreich's rating of the film The Killers

13. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film The Killers

7.4/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-2VG

14. cherbourgdoll's rating of the film The Killers

i liked it, wasn't overly impressed by the end though

15. Monasteries's rating of the film The Killers

First scene was really faithful but I can't be bothered with the rest of it.

16. Patricia's rating of the film The Killers

The power of the kitty cat...

17. Louis Léonard's rating of the film The Killers

Those two OG hitmen made for a solid opening.

18. Maudealan's rating of the film The Killers

There is a lot of textbook femme fatale stuff especially towards the end but the parts that are great are really really great, especially the opening and like Ava Gardner in the shadows

19. SpacePirate's rating of the film The Killers

Lancaster blazes onto the screen here and Gardner was one of the ultimate femme fatales. Noir 101. If you dont get it, probably not the genre for you.

20. Christopher McQuain's rating of the film The Killers

21. "Mother" Gin Sling's rating of the film The Killers

Siodmak is obsessed by mirrors... This is a story of phantoms and double games, with great narrative and style inventions. The sequence in which Ava Gardner makes her first apparition is stunning (the découpage, the composition of the frames, etc.). However, I prefer other Siodmak's films (for example Criss Cross).

22. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film The Killers

A slight tingle in my spine all the while Lancaster or Gardner is visible

23. Duncan Gray's rating of the film The Killers

Quintessential noir, applying the Citizen Kane structure to a series of twists that, for a noir, actually make sense. Ava Gardner's final moment is in the femme fatale hall of fame, Burt Lanchaster has the air of a fallen angel, and the heist scene is the best before Rififi, which is the best ever. Note: our gumshoe is an insurance investigator—these days, only vested financial interests bother hunting for the truth.

24. thomasjeff16's rating of the film The Killers

Well, isn't this a bright film, eh bright boy?