1. †. Kennedy Pope's rating of the film The Killing of a Sacred Deer

With the exception of Barry Keoghan's unsettling performance as the troubled Martin, The Killing of a Sacred Deer feels like a misstep of a film. Large portions of the first and second act are just boring; and the "human-less" tone of the film is to blame–something that worked for The Lobster, where everything was so bent out of the parameters of reality that I could suspend disbelief. It just doesn't work here.

2. David Zimmerman's rating of the film The Killing of a Sacred Deer

3. Bob's rating of the film The Killing of a Sacred Deer

Surgically precise and routinely executed motion picture, that takes time to build up the tension. What goes in its favor is how easy is to sit through its running time and how each wonderful shot could easily end up being an overture of horror. What goes less in its favor is that it takes allegorical virtues over basics of humanity with tone that presents itself realistic, which ends up as a pretentious exercise.

4. Conn Tubacu's rating of the film The Killing of a Sacred Deer

5. mad.lucas's rating of the film The Killing of a Sacred Deer

Pasolini's Theorem wannabe. Fake and pretentious.

6. rulesofachia's rating of the film The Killing of a Sacred Deer

Well that was fucked up. Very strange acting and a fantastic score. The choir scene was euphoric.

7. KOKORINA's rating of the film The Killing of a Sacred Deer

perkara di kutuk seorang ramaja muda aja ya elah

8. Sirma Kurtulmaz's rating of the film The Killing of a Sacred Deer

9. João R's rating of the film The Killing of a Sacred Deer

Although this tale actually seemed to be shooting in the dark with some decisions, it prove its powerful aim as it created a tight atmosphere and a frantic mystery. It's horrifying to watch that lethal manifestation of guilt and/or pointed hatred. The ending was silently loud.

10. Gioele's rating of the film The Killing of a Sacred Deer

Mi sono sentito troppo distante dal film

11. Matthew Martens's rating of the film The Killing of a Sacred Deer

A good deal less than the sum of its somewhat slavishly assembled parts--eyes not only shut but shining so widely that Ligeti broods us down its sprawling hospital's carpeted hallways--Lanthimos' disappointing latest enacts a dimly gimmicky variation on Hanekean games, and suggests that The Lobster was either a fluke or saved by Rachel Weisz. Or both.

12. bernardovazdecastro's rating of the film The Killing of a Sacred Deer

1 time you committed an error, 3 times you are just stupid, 5 times and you are clearly a sadomasoquist. Since I saw 5 films from this fraud and even worst than that, this new english period is even more abject and outrages than the greek one, I will never saw a film of him again. Unfortunately mubi only permitted to give one star, but this is below than zero (with a big zoom in, like he do all time during the film)

13. Zach Anderson's rating of the film The Killing of a Sacred Deer

I want to know what you think of this movie. No, I can't recommend it. But I do want to know what you think of it. No, stop, don't... Don't watch this movie. But what did you think of it? No, I said. Do not see this movie! I do not advocate! I really need to know what you thought of it though... ... ... ... ... And that's how I feel about this movie. It's too good to hate, to weird to ever truly love.

14. ig_____or's rating of the film The Killing of a Sacred Deer

Kidman as the mother was the most intriguing character to me... she apparently wasn't affected by the 'curse', she wouldn't sacrifice herself to save her kids, slapped them around sometimes, emasculated her doctor husband... just savage! Lanthimos didn't take me into another surreal universe but created a woken nightmare that grabbed my attention until de very last second.

15. Jazmina's rating of the film The Killing of a Sacred Deer

This was very disturbing. The relationships between the people were cold and distanced. Also the dialogue was very annoying like reading from a script. However I guess that was the goal.

16. wi.bi's rating of the film The Killing of a Sacred Deer

whoaaaa. this insane film is disturbing in aaa calm way. like the level of disturbing is getting more and more in every scene. still love the black comedy tho. I think i prefer The Lobster for the unbelievable fantasy world and i prefer dogtooth for the uncomfortable and disturbing,,,

17. Johnny Mislow's rating of the film The Killing of a Sacred Deer

Style over substance, but the eerie ambiance and critical dialogue kept me constantly anxious without ever knowing what would happen. Only my second Lanthimos picture but I'm completely taken by the final result.

18. Hilkka Alaviuhkola's rating of the film The Killing of a Sacred Deer

wow, painful but insanely good movie.

19. Fabio Di Felice's rating of the film The Killing of a Sacred Deer

un thriller micidiale, freddo e spietato. Tutto il contesto è surreale: dalla recitazione degli attori (bravissimi Colin Farrell e Nicole Kidman, ma soprattutto mostruoso il ragazzino protagonista che è glaciale), alla vicenda in sé che che passa dal thriller al mistero fino ad arrivare all'horror puro. C'è uno splendido cambio di prospettiva da moglie a marito nella seconda parte e il film è un crescendo continuo.

20. Rita Roque's rating of the film The Killing of a Sacred Deer

Greek myths: Agamemnon accidentally killed a sacred deer that belonged to Artemis, and she requires blood in return.

21. spasmolytic's rating of the film The Killing of a Sacred Deer

I might have loved it without the twist.

22. Robertus Alexander's rating of the film The Killing of a Sacred Deer

23. msmichel's rating of the film The Killing of a Sacred Deer

Lanthimos and Filippou's pitch black script gives us a clinical and cold horror film mixed with the darkest of Greek tragedy that results in a mesmerizing film that tries one's patience getting to its eventual outcome. Casting is spot on with Farrell and Kidman both excelling and young Raffey Cassidy making a very strong impression.

24. Leonardo Malaguti's rating of the film The Killing of a Sacred Deer