1. Alvy Hall's rating of the film The King of Comedy

2. Paul Nedelcu's rating of the film The King of Comedy

3. Dalibor's rating of the film The King of Comedy

Spiritually synced with Lumet's "Network", filmed during Andy Kaufman's prime, "The King of Comedy" is a peculiarly dystopian forewarning of an over-televised sapiens. The viewer's awkward relationship with politely annoying main character being it's most disturbing force. And Scorsese is illustrating this far less poetically than his previous work.

4. Semaj Productions's rating of the film The King of Comedy

The King Of Comedy is a masterpiece. Up until this point I liked Martin Scorsese, but this was the film that truly put him in my top tier of directors. It is a film about celebrity worship, delusional fans, entitlement, artistic desperation, arrogant artists who refuse to take valuable advice, and America's obsession with underdogs and antiheroes. This is not a comedy, but a horror movie. Maybe Robert De Niro's best.

5. Adam Whybray's rating of the film The King of Comedy

4.5 stars. My favourite Scorsese and utterly essential if you have ever fancied yourself a stand-up comedian. Horribly funny and a precursor to both Larry Sanders and Alan Partridge. Make time to watch this if you haven't.

6. Duarte Ferreira's rating of the film The King of Comedy

I'll add my voice to the mob in saying that The King of Comedy is one of the biggest unappreciated gems I've had the pleasure of discovering! What Scorsese, Zimmerman and De Niro have achieved here is truly special. A subversively funny and insightful look into the perils of all that encompasses fame, along with one of the most brilliant write-ups on behavior and psychological disorders one can find out there.

7. Žymantė Tra's rating of the film The King of Comedy

Disturbing, enchanting, with a storyline that makes you shiver and gives you something you would least expect.

8. lbunuel's rating of the film The King of Comedy

One of Scorsese's very best: an examination of cringe, of sardonicism, of alienation, of despair that puts most "expose the entertainment biz" films to shame because of its uncompromising facet and its genuine anger, its incredible disgust. De Niro is outstanding in every shot.

9. Aivaras_Z's rating of the film The King of Comedy

Unexpected style of movie from Scorsese, exploring fame, happiness and other un-gangstery topics. Dark, funny and really uncomfortable at moments, this may be one of the forgotten gems of Scorsese's portfolio, as well as De Niro's, who once again does a wonderful job.

10. Disa's rating of the film The King of Comedy

De Niro, De Niro. what is bad acting to you? it's not something you're familiar with of course. even as a psychopath you act so well I forget all the actings you've done so well.

11. aliasgenius's rating of the film The King of Comedy

12. Anca.'s rating of the film The King of Comedy

13. Bob's rating of the film The King of Comedy

Enjoyable comedy that takes psychologically disturbing state of mind and turns it into charming and humorous tour de force of Robert De Niro's Rupert Pupkin - a man whom no one can remember his name. As the plot evolves, so is Pupkin's fanaticism of becoming self-proclaimed King of comedy. Final result, the king is naked but comedy is real and meant to be revisited every once in a while.

14. João Portalegre's rating of the film The King of Comedy

wow! a scorsese film that I liked!

15. FCC 86's rating of the film The King of Comedy

"Better to be king for a night than schmuck for a lifetime"

16. Henri de Corinth's rating of the film The King of Comedy

Rewatch of a 4K restoration. For me personally, After Hours and this are much more entertaining and interesting than any of the pity parties or gangster films Scorsese is famous for.

17. LomasEastwood's rating of the film The King of Comedy

One of the most underrated films by Scorsese with a brilliant performance from De Niro. Some people only dislike the film because the protagonist is so extremely unlikeable. ;-)

18. F/K's rating of the film The King of Comedy

Today's generation in a nutshell

19. Aardsy's rating of the film The King of Comedy

Uncomfortable crazy is my drug.

20. MisterColo93's rating of the film The King of Comedy

21. Ramzi's rating of the film The King of Comedy

For those who act out elaborate fantasies in their heads

22. josé neves's rating of the film The King of Comedy