1. Aardsy's rating of the film The King of Kings

Jesus, this movie was long.

2. Mohammad Aboomar's rating of the film The King of Kings

3. ExperimentoFilm's rating of the film The King of Kings

Mel Gibson, eat your knob off. DeMille got there 77 years earlier with the anti-Semitism and EPIĀ© scenes of Passion. A few too many ethereal tableaux in the first-half build-up though, plus some jarring non-Biblical flourishes in the story (comic relief, anyone?). And Jesus was generations older than his mother - who knew?

4. Howard_Bannister's rating of the film The King of Kings

This is how I like my bible stories, full of soft focus, schmaltzy reverence and a blonde Jesus who could use a sandwich. DeMille commits to his vision of the life of Jesus as a universal fable, not dogma or history, and sticks to it. The result is a beautiful, consistent telling of one of literature's most influential stories.

5. McNulty's rating of the film The King of Kings

We all know that this movie is 100% Propaganda to instill the White Image of Christ into the subconcious of many people in the theatre at the time of 1927. Come on we all know that Cecil B Demille was a Freemason. But for a propaganda film, BEAUTIFUL CINEMATOGRAPHY and SPECIAL EFFECTS for it's time! The SCORE from the Criterion Version is outstanding. What else can I say it was pretty EPIC!