1. Viginti_tres's rating of the film The Lacemaker

A pointedly banal love story with stale politics, where the characters are constantly getting naked, just never when anyone is around to see them. As in Carol, I couldn't stop assuming the main character was an alien or a serial-killer.

2. FISCHER's rating of the film The Lacemaker

Intimisme et pudeur affleurent dans cette oeuvre douce-amère et fragile... www.cinefiches.com

3. anadyomene's rating of the film The Lacemaker

This film is beautifully painful with a haunting ending. I share Pomme's pain of having a quiet, meek and shy demeanor.

4. redux's rating of the film The Lacemaker

Subtlety, dangerously close to the edge.

5. εξώτερο Διάστημα's rating of the film The Lacemaker

6. knockkneed's rating of the film The Lacemaker

i really liked this. comes together just near the end.

7. Samuel Donath's rating of the film The Lacemaker

A early preview of the brilliance that is Isabelle Huppert. The look she has at the ending still haunts me. How often we put so much at risk with a love that is often never confirmed.

8. Merih Sakarya's rating of the film The Lacemaker

Film is showing many stages in love affair. It is not only economic cast make lovers put apart, there are many cast systems in life, sometimes you feel, long after the start, that you were not in the same genre. Film also has a reading perspective of relationship of narcissist and empath relationship too. I have to say that she had played amazingly too, pure, real, touching. Remind me my past! Past!

9. Ahmet UJeschk's rating of the film The Lacemaker

You may find multi-dimensional analysis in the movie. Synthesis of Camus's L'etranger, composite thinking of a young woman, sexist analysis 70's socio-economic France and the revolutionary view of individualistic behaviours.

10. Esra Yılmaz's rating of the film The Lacemaker

11. Paola's rating of the film The Lacemaker

A mi parecer, una de las mejores actuaciones de Isabelle Huppert. Una historia conmovedora.

12. KiNo's rating of the film The Lacemaker

In her meek regard and sacred solitude, I found the traces of the first girl I ever fell in love at first grade. Her name was Lara (a blonde) and she too had the same polite and shy uncertainty which is now understood as the epitome of innonce to me, something I fall by involuntarily. Isabelle Huppert transcends acting. Claude Goretta is Vermeer.