1. José Neves's rating of the film The Ladies Man

2. Jim Fear's rating of the film The Ladies Man

3. Carolina Valente's rating of the film The Ladies Man

4. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film The Ladies Man

Me atrae el montaje que se observan en algunas películas que dirige Jerry Lewis. El diseño artístico y la coreografía del cast van de la mano en esa secuencia de las damas alistándose para el inicio del día. Hay como una corrección por observar el ámbito cual vitrina, no al punto de un director como Wes Anderson, pero lo geométricamente suficiente como para revelar un lado riguroso de este genio cómico.

5. FISCHER's rating of the film The Ladies Man

Le brave et fragile Herbert H. Heebert est profondément traumatisé par la gent féminine, depuis que sa fiancée est partie avec un autre homme. Sa puissante phobie des femmes sera à son point culminant lorsqu'il se retrouvera garçon à tout faire dans une pension pour jeunes filles en scolarité, apprenant les rudiments et les secrets de l'art théâtral. Délicieusement drôle ! www.cinefiches.com

6. f-nanda's rating of the film The Ladies Man

7. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film The Ladies Man

I must excuse his face, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm scandinavian...

8. QuincyArthur's rating of the film The Ladies Man

9. Daniel S.'s rating of the film The Ladies Man

There are a lot of fantastic ideas here like the doll's house or the different homages to musicals but there are also flawed or first degree gags meant to widen the small audience that understood that Jerry Lewis was a lot more than the sum of his grimaces. Recommended.

10. TheCentralRuhr's rating of the film The Ladies Man

The closest American analog to Tati's Playtime I've ever seen

11. Brendan's rating of the film The Ladies Man

I typically find Lewis to be funny about half of the time. Here, it's no different, but the times he is funny here, he's really funny

12. Warren Spratley's rating of the film The Ladies Man

13. Scott Lucas's rating of the film The Ladies Man

Maybe the French like Jerry Lewis because he reinforces the view that Americans are buffoons. I found this to be about as funny as a minstrel show.

14. maurino's rating of the film The Ladies Man

on the bed's gag i was dead!

15. Justin Bozung's rating of the film The Ladies Man

Fact: Mel Brooks did NOT write the script for this film. He was hired to write it, but quit the production before shooting started. Nothing in the final film survives from Brook's writing contributions. Check out my Lewis audio series, which features this film. It's a 10 hour study of Lewis. http://mondofilmpodcast.blogspot.com/2012/08/episode-07-genius-of-jerry-lewis-part.html

16. Eleni Ashton's rating of the film The Ladies Man

On a whole I wouldn’t rank it as one of Lewis’ funniest (although it certainly has its moments) but it is no less fun. So energetic, zany and inventive, I can’t wait to watch it again. Lewis’ charm is infectious.

17. Brad S.'s rating of the film The Ladies Man

Wow! Cool set! Too bad it ended up in a dopey Jerry Lewis movie. Do not see the appeal of this guy.

18. NEONBEAR's rating of the film The Ladies Man

such a mess, with a weak plot and jumbled skits. but somehow still charming.

19. Matt's rating of the film The Ladies Man

The French are right; Jerry is a genius!

20. Jim Miller's rating of the film The Ladies Man

21. Law's rating of the film The Ladies Man

An accomplished albeit somewhat underdeveloped comedy that features a whole range of humour from dry jokes to visual gags to physical comedy. I adored the former very much. Very very much. Aside from being comic, Lewis deconstructs cinema, peeling off various layers mostly through the use of meta-cinema. Thoughtful and funny.