1. Walker's rating of the film The Lady Eve

A throughly charming comedy.

2. LauraPalmer's rating of the film The Lady Eve

Rewatched and re-loved. One of my favorite films.

3. Balthaz21's rating of the film The Lady Eve

4. Risya's rating of the film The Lady Eve

5. janh24's rating of the film The Lady Eve

A fast-talking, cinematographic marvel.

6. James Mackin's rating of the film The Lady Eve

Henry Fonda is so beautifully stupid, and Barbara Stanwyck (who is astonishingly good here) is all about that.

7. Aardsy's rating of the film The Lady Eve

Did they forget the screwball part?

8. Nelson Núñez's rating of the film The Lady Eve

Una fantástica screwball comedy. Barbara Stanwyck resulta encantadora y excitante al mismo tiempo. La secuencia de celos durante el viaje en tren es una absoluta genialidad.

9. Andrew Miller's rating of the film The Lady Eve

He needs to sink into the mud to come out clean.

10. SpacePirate's rating of the film The Lady Eve

Sturges' masterpiece. Required viewing

11. Vincent T's rating of the film The Lady Eve

my bad, I didn't really finish this the second time. So help me.

12. Zach Closs's rating of the film The Lady Eve

Awfully close to being the sort of trite, self-satisfied Golden Age costume drama I generally abhor. Imagine my surprise when I fell completely in love with it. Fonda and Stanwyck are a match made in heaven -- their banter is so charming, earnest and genuine (especially in contrast with Classical Hollywood's predominantly flowery, OTT approach to love). Sturges' clever script and a colorful supporting cast help too.

13. Muraki's rating of the film The Lady Eve

one of the best romantic comedies ever. sturges is a master.

14. msmichel's rating of the film The Lady Eve

Classic Sturges is comedic mastery. Written for Barbara Stanwyck who is magnificent in her portrayal of a con artist who truly falls for her mark and must manipulate him further after discovery. Full of surprises, wry dialogue and fun performances with kudos to Coburn, Pallette, Demarest and of course Henry Fonda. '...I need him like the ax needs the turkey...'

15. Matheus Cassano's rating of the film The Lady Eve

If Vertigo was a screwball comedy.

16. knockkneed's rating of the film The Lady Eve

17. LNLee's rating of the film The Lady Eve

Watched this film for the second time in class this semester. Was still very much amused.

18. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film The Lady Eve

19. mpho3's rating of the film The Lady Eve

Fave scenes: Jean narrating all the women trying to get Pike's attention as she watches with her make up mirror; Jean's reaction to Emma, the snake; the card game in which Jean thwarts the Colonel from getting his money back; and Lady 'Eve' Sidwich holding court w/ Pike's father. Stanwick didn't steal the show, she was the show, and all the supporting players were great too.

20. kiptok's rating of the film The Lady Eve

hilarious. it's this, tommy boy, and 21 jump street

21. Mark_Med's rating of the film The Lady Eve

The goal of this movie is not to make you laugh out loud---Sturges just wants you to smile knowingly and understand the witty dialogue that creates sexual tension and longing on several levels at once! How can anyone not get the delicious double-entendre's?

22. M Klein's rating of the film The Lady Eve

Pure Restoration Comedy.

23. Severus Snape's rating of the film The Lady Eve

i need you like the axe needs the turkey!

24. Michael Harbour's rating of the film The Lady Eve

Tremendously fun romantic comedy rife with innuendo and peppered with slapstick.