1. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film The Lady Vanishes

Hitchcock's film is claustrophobic, yet breezy- and I loved every second of it!

2. LomasEastwood's rating of the film The Lady Vanishes

3. bryanvmh's rating of the film The Lady Vanishes

What fun, what xenophobia, what cinema?

4. DenoResandono's rating of the film The Lady Vanishes

One of my favorite movie from legendary director Alfred Hitchcock. THE LADY VANISHES is one of his best earlier movie. This movie has everything you need in Hitchcock movie. THE LADY VANISHES is suspenseful, thrilling, and full of twists and turns. Although this movie is 80 years old, the twist still surprised me. I didn't see that coming. THE LADY VANISHES is the perfect example about how to make a great thriller...

5. CFranc's rating of the film The Lady Vanishes

A tad less refined than other Hitchcocks I've seen, but nonetheless, just as captivatingly complex and taut as such, with a welcome stroke of war subtext to boot.

6. ΞRIC B∆D TASTΞ's rating of the film The Lady Vanishes

"it's like to rush hour in the metro." the shooting in the forest ruined the movie - besides the resolution of the mystery.

7. Jenny Coldpussy's rating of the film The Lady Vanishes

I only like Hitchcock's films from the 30s-40s and this is my favorite. I love not knowing which of all the elaborately portrayed side characters is going to be key later in the story or what line of dialogue will turn out to be revealing. Unlike his big hits like Rear Window, where he mutes and distances the others and focuses on the archetypes that he really cared about: the hero, the girl, and the mother figure.

8. Tuna's rating of the film The Lady Vanishes

9. Ashley Spendlove's rating of the film The Lady Vanishes

My favourite b/w Hitchcock. The eeriness of the central mystery captured me completely when I first saw this as a child, as did the uneasy combination of comedy and thriller; and it still holds up so well decades later. A great cocktail of a film: sophisticated, dry and tremendous fun.

10. FISCHER's rating of the film The Lady Vanishes

Un vrai petit chef-d'oeuvre qui mélange adroitement suspense, humour et charme. C'est l'avant-dernier film du Grand Maître en Grande-Bretagne, avant sa somptueuse période américaine. Il est à noter que l'ensemble du film a été réalisé entièrement en studio, avec l'aide de maquettes et de transparents... www.cinefiches.com

11. Loud Rocks's rating of the film The Lady Vanishes

12. sizelando's rating of the film The Lady Vanishes

Pretty entertaining; funny and tense.

13. Felicity Green's rating of the film The Lady Vanishes

Sometimes hard to tell what is going on, but that's probably mostly deliberate. Intrigue and farce in Europe on the brink of WW2.

14. Lewis Taylor's rating of the film The Lady Vanishes

15. Rui Oliveira's rating of the film The Lady Vanishes

Great earlier Hitchcock. And one of his funniest thrillers.

16. P Teddy Sawyer's rating of the film The Lady Vanishes

A truly enjoyable cast, a feast to watch them and delightful settings

17. m.jempson@btinternet.com's rating of the film The Lady Vanishes

Such a soppy film in both its incarnations. The story is as corny as the acting.

18. cabecassis@free.fr's rating of the film The Lady Vanishes

nettement plus joyeux et la fin est toute à l'honneur de l'impolitesse du maitre

19. Nolan Barth's rating of the film The Lady Vanishes

This is one of Alfred Hitchcock's earlier and most underrated works. It has a great mix of comedy, suspense and action. Through out the whole film Hitchcock just keeps ratcheting up the tension until it builds to a tremendous climax. One complaint I did have is like North by North West I feel it wraps things up a little to quickly. This is a must see for every Alfred Hitchcock fan!

20. Rosina Rossini's rating of the film The Lady Vanishes

A really well structured story with just the right mixture of warmth and humour mixed into the thriller and mystery aspect. Love it.

21. Sarah Pietsch's rating of the film The Lady Vanishes

3.5, a lot of fun, comedy and adventure rollicking about on the speeding train. Great characters, very entertaining.

22. alimcintyre's rating of the film The Lady Vanishes

23. Leigh Collins's rating of the film The Lady Vanishes

Highly entertaining, but too dated, unsophisticated and one-dimensional to warrant five stars.

24. azoulay's rating of the film The Lady Vanishes

Tout pourrait conduire à un intérêt passionné pour ce film mais il y'a là je ne sais quoi de trop méticuleux dans l'intrigue et sa résolution, dans l'aspect vaudevillesque des scènes,un je ne sais quoi de convenu comme si les personnages manquaient cruellement de vie et pataugeaient dans les stéréotypes. Hitchcock l'avait pressenti en multipliants les plans d'extérieur au train comme des moment de vrai cinéma

← Previous 1 3 4