1. Karl J. Kipling's rating of the film The Lady Vanishes

2. Aaron C Jones's rating of the film The Lady Vanishes

Builds up kind of slowly and takes its time to wrap itself up in a bow in the end, but the middle bit is some of Hitchcock's best work. Really funny.

3. A.B. II: The Return's rating of the film The Lady Vanishes

In my view, this film deserves a spot alongside Hitchcock's other undisputed classics. It's one of those rare films (especially considering it's a thriller) that grips me just as hard as it did the first time I saw it, as well as making me laugh just as hard. It also has this fantastic array of faces and characters, and I love how well they're all woven into the story. Suspenseful and fun, this is prime Hitchcock.

4. carlo tagliazucca's rating of the film The Lady Vanishes

5. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film The Lady Vanishes

One of Alfred Hitchcock's best British thrillers. An excellent script filled with interesting characters and fun details make this the second best train mystery after "Murder on the Orient Express".

6. Nancarrow's rating of the film The Lady Vanishes

eh. well done but what was the point

7. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film The Lady Vanishes

Hitchcock's film is claustrophobic, yet breezy- and I loved every second of it!

8. LomasEastwood's rating of the film The Lady Vanishes

9. bryanvmh's rating of the film The Lady Vanishes

What fun, what xenophobia, what cinema?

10. DenoResandono's rating of the film The Lady Vanishes

One of my favorite movie from legendary director Alfred Hitchcock. THE LADY VANISHES is one of his best earlier movie. This movie has everything you need in Hitchcock movie. THE LADY VANISHES is suspenseful, thrilling, and full of twists and turns. Although this movie is 80 years old, the twist still surprised me. I didn't see that coming. THE LADY VANISHES is the perfect example about how to make a great thriller...

11. CFranc's rating of the film The Lady Vanishes

A tad less refined than other Hitchcocks I've seen, but nonetheless, just as captivatingly complex and taut as such, with a welcome stroke of war subtext to boot.

12. ΞRIC B∆D TASTΞ's rating of the film The Lady Vanishes

"it's like to rush hour in the metro." the shooting in the forest ruined the movie - besides the resolution of the mystery.

13. Jenny Coldpussy's rating of the film The Lady Vanishes

I only like Hitchcock's films from the 30s-40s and this is my favorite. I love not knowing which of all the elaborately portrayed side characters is going to be key later in the story or what line of dialogue will turn out to be revealing. Unlike his big hits like Rear Window, where he mutes and distances the others and focuses on the archetypes that he really cared about: the hero, the girl, and the mother figure.

14. Tuna's rating of the film The Lady Vanishes

15. Ashley Spendlove's rating of the film The Lady Vanishes

My favourite b/w Hitchcock. The eeriness of the central mystery captured me completely when I first saw this as a child, as did the uneasy combination of comedy and thriller; and it still holds up so well decades later. A great cocktail of a film: sophisticated, dry and tremendous fun.

16. FISCHER's rating of the film The Lady Vanishes

Un vrai petit chef-d'oeuvre qui mélange adroitement suspense, humour et charme. C'est l'avant-dernier film du Grand Maître en Grande-Bretagne, avant sa somptueuse période américaine. Il est à noter que l'ensemble du film a été réalisé entièrement en studio, avec l'aide de maquettes et de transparents... www.cinefiches.com

17. Loud Rocks's rating of the film The Lady Vanishes

18. sizelando's rating of the film The Lady Vanishes

Pretty entertaining; funny and tense.

19. Felicity Green's rating of the film The Lady Vanishes

Sometimes hard to tell what is going on, but that's probably mostly deliberate. Intrigue and farce in Europe on the brink of WW2.

20. Lewis Taylor's rating of the film The Lady Vanishes

21. Rui Oliveira's rating of the film The Lady Vanishes

Great earlier Hitchcock. And one of his funniest thrillers.

22. P Teddy Sawyer's rating of the film The Lady Vanishes

A truly enjoyable cast, a feast to watch them and delightful settings

23. Mike Jempson's rating of the film The Lady Vanishes

Such a soppy film in both its incarnations. The story is as corny as the acting.

24. Catherine Abecassis's rating of the film The Lady Vanishes

nettement plus joyeux et la fin est toute à l'honneur de l'impolitesse du maitre

← Previous 1 3 4