1. FISCHER's rating of the film The Ladykillers

Petit bijou intangible de la meilleure comédie anglaise, à l'inoubliable humour britannique, qui reste un intangible chef-d'oeuvre produit par les fameux Ealing Studios à l'origine de bien des fulgurances cinématographiques de l'époque... www.cinefiches.com

2. Loud Rocks's rating of the film The Ladykillers

3. jenstor's rating of the film The Ladykillers

absolutely brilliant. so dark so funny.

4. Aardsy's rating of the film The Ladykillers

That was some droll shit.

5. Polyglot's rating of the film The Ladykillers

I swear you guys, I saw this movie in black and white. I don't remember it being in color.

6. el.'s rating of the film The Ladykillers

To be fair, this is a fine example of the genre with a decent quantity of quirks and a well tempered plot development. It has that obligatory warm, colorful aura and sweet, naive dialogues and generally it's all nice and as expected. So, to be frank, it's not the film - it's me. Crime and comedy do mix...but more often, they don't in my book.

7. SpacePirate's rating of the film The Ladykillers

A real gem of a film. Great ensemble cast, and the old lady steals every scene. Really quite a dark comedy now that I think about it

8. Muraki's rating of the film The Ladykillers

9. angelicidea's rating of the film The Ladykillers

An absolutely brilliant black comedy with an extremely creepy Alec Guinness. Interesting cinematography and great acting make this a true classic.

10. janh24's rating of the film The Ladykillers

Might just be the greatest British film. A wry, unabashed examination of post-war British society; nostalgic but never saccharine. Even greater than the sum of its delicious parts.

11. João Rocha's rating of the film The Ladykillers

Old sweet ladys are my soft spot. In the end of Ealing Studios golden Age, they still did it one of the best sharp comedy classics ever. Well done.

12. Michael Harbour's rating of the film The Ladykillers

Delightful black humor leavened with slapstick. Katie Johnson is the quintessential little old lady fly in the ointment.

13. Ingrid Bergman's rating of the film The Ladykillers

A fabulous black comedy from Ealing Studios featuring a first class cast and wonderful direction from Alexander Mackendrick.

14. R_D_P's rating of the film The Ladykillers

Alec Guinness looks like a Vic Reeves character in this.

15. Sudipto Basu's rating of the film The Ladykillers

I like it, though the sort of neat self-satisfaction a film like this has is somewhat troubling. Am I making sense?

16. Tigrão's rating of the film The Ladykillers

Alec Guinness' fake teeth !

17. Richmond Hill's rating of the film The Ladykillers

Neat if rather musty, this is in Ealing's more sly comedic vein, although much broader than the rapier wit of Kind Hearts & Coronets. One can never quite dispel an air of smugness, although that might have been acquired by the film long after production with its slightly undeserved reputation. Nevertheless a mordant gavotte, despite the unnecessary insertion of Frankie Howerd's barrow-boy.

18. Tony Zhou's rating of the film The Ladykillers

19. Stu Witmer's rating of the film The Ladykillers

20. Roscoe's rating of the film The Ladykillers

A great pleasure, impeccable in every way.

21. Pierluigi Puccini's rating of the film The Ladykillers

Alec Guinness is a witty criminal brain with a creepy grin. He masterminds a caper with his not so bright colleagues using an old lady's house as front. Classic British comedy with many pleasant twists and turns, and charismatic performances. Black humour with charm all over. Too bad the mediocre Coen Brother's remake kind of ruined the original's fantastic ending for me.