1. Poena Damni's rating of the film The Ladykillers

A very beautiful British black comedy! Although at times the film makes use slapstick techniques, but the outcome is one of existential humour -- and what lovely colors and cinematography! !

2. Feellikeanumber's rating of the film The Ladykillers

3. Gerry Miriello's rating of the film The Ladykillers

The old lady really annoyed me, what can I say? I was hoping she would bite the dust.

4. zubee's rating of the film The Ladykillers

5. Slappy McGee's rating of the film The Ladykillers

Alec Guinness' teeth. They're a movie in themselves. What a great film. Well paced and well told. I really loved the build in this story. What could have drifted into silliness never does. The actors play their parts with such earnestness that we are never in doubt of the honesty of what's happening - regardless of how heightened the reality of the situation is. Solid flick.

6. Nick Potter's rating of the film The Ladykillers

Top notch British comedy caper with in-form Alec Guinness and Peter Sellers along with the rest of the supporting cast. Boy, bummer I saw the Coen misfire first, this is a delight.

7. Ghostman's rating of the film The Ladykillers

The Ladykillers is a brilliant comedy that is played in a terrifically satirical vein that's scathing in a wonderfully British way. About- well, the title is pretty self-explanatory. What's most interesting is how the film depicts conventional, law-abiding morality. Who's the real villain here? Brilliant comedy, I can see why this is considered among Britain's finest.

8. Wee Hunk's rating of the film The Ladykillers

Mr. Guiness sure loves the accoutrements of the stage actor: the false teeth, the wig, the eye shadow. Every one is cast perfectly for this movie. My favorite shot is the one where Guiness kicks the ladder and Lom disappears into the mist.

9. tinderness's rating of the film The Ladykillers

Wie in jeder schwarzen Komödie kommt es auf das exakte Timing und die richtige Beschleunigung der Geschichte an. Beides ist wirklich gut gelöst. Ein Film, der weniger davon lebt, was vorgeht, sondern wie vorgegangen wird. Spritzige Dialoge unterstreichen die Story! Gelungen, möchte ich meinen, und sehr vergnüglich!

10. jimcapobianco's rating of the film The Ladykillers

One of the great examples of black comedy as well as an allegory for post war Britain. Supposedly the story appeared to writer William Rose in a dream and then brilliantly released by he and the under appreciated Sandy Mackendrick. Also shows Alec Guinness' wonderful ability to handle caricature and comedy.

11. Loz Loory's rating of the film The Ladykillers

A perfectly paced caper film. Doesn't take more time than necessary, and gets out of every scene before the audience gets bored. So wonderful to see a young Peter Sellers playing an adorably shiftless youth. Mrs. Wilberforce's character supports the theory that the world would be a much better place if women were in charge--a perfect antidote to WWII horrors. So glad Katie Johnson won a BAFTA for her performance.

12. Nachtreich's rating of the film The Ladykillers

13. RoRoRoro's rating of the film The Ladykillers

14. FISCHER's rating of the film The Ladykillers

Petit bijou intangible de la meilleure comédie anglaise, à l'inoubliable humour britannique, qui reste un intangible chef-d'oeuvre produit par les fameux Ealing Studios à l'origine de bien des fulgurances cinématographiques de l'époque... www.cinefiches.com

15. Loud Rocks's rating of the film The Ladykillers

16. jenstor's rating of the film The Ladykillers

absolutely brilliant. so dark so funny.

17. Aardsy's rating of the film The Ladykillers

That was some droll shit.

18. Polyglot's rating of the film The Ladykillers

I swear you guys, I saw this movie in black and white. I don't remember it being in color.

19. el.'s rating of the film The Ladykillers

To be fair, this is a fine example of the genre with a decent quantity of quirks and a well tempered plot development. It has that obligatory warm, colorful aura and sweet, naive dialogues and generally it's all nice and as expected. So, to be frank, it's not the film - it's me. Crime and comedy do mix...but more often, they don't in my book.

20. SpacePirate's rating of the film The Ladykillers

A real gem of a film. Great ensemble cast, and the old lady steals every scene. Really quite a dark comedy now that I think about it

21. Muraki's rating of the film The Ladykillers

22. angelicidea's rating of the film The Ladykillers

An absolutely brilliant black comedy with an extremely creepy Alec Guinness. Interesting cinematography and great acting make this a true classic.

23. janh24's rating of the film The Ladykillers

Might just be the greatest British film. A wry, unabashed examination of post-war British society; nostalgic but never saccharine. Even greater than the sum of its delicious parts.

24. João Rocha's rating of the film The Ladykillers

Old sweet ladys are my soft spot. In the end of Ealing Studios golden Age, they still did it one of the best sharp comedy classics ever. Well done.