1. konochingo's rating of the film The Last Days of Disco

Quite funny. Stupid plot. Doesn't quite hit the sweet spot for me that I like in a work that satirizes a community, where you get that feeling the love for the community is only matched by the desire to savagely mock it. This movie is mostly lovey-dovey to the yuppies it portrays. Not a bad thing, but lacks the edge I like. The commentary related to sex comes the closest to striking the right balance, I feel.

2. cinebaby's rating of the film The Last Days of Disco

Wanted to like this but couldn't get through it :/

3. Karl J. Kipling's rating of the film The Last Days of Disco

4. ssolf's rating of the film The Last Days of Disco

That disco is not freaky enough

5. Aardsy's rating of the film The Last Days of Disco

This place has gotten really hard to get into.

6. Christopher McQuain's rating of the film The Last Days of Disco

7. Myles's rating of the film The Last Days of Disco

"There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck..."

8. s.birowo's rating of the film The Last Days of Disco

9. Gabriella F's rating of the film The Last Days of Disco

10. amelia zhou's rating of the film The Last Days of Disco

couldnt stand to watch this past the twenty minute mark. the most vapid, dislikable and dull cast of characters. i understand theres a social commentary at work behind this but it was too painful to bear. disappointing because i really wanted to like it. (also were clubs really that dull in the 80s? took me right out of the experience)

11. Wee Hunk's rating of the film The Last Days of Disco

We thought Disco had died. We had declared it dead. It's just that old people love it. This is definitely one of Stillman's best.

12. Alex's rating of the film The Last Days of Disco

13. Ebru Yörükoğlu's rating of the film The Last Days of Disco

feelings of nostalgia, youth, music, ideals, love. this is one of my favourite movies.

14. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film The Last Days of Disco

15. Andreea's rating of the film The Last Days of Disco

social commentary on vapid and superficial youth who sometimes stumble upon veritable introspective insight

16. tintinmugshot's rating of the film The Last Days of Disco

This film is so clean and white (not the kind of clean & white that you're thinking) that makes me vomit.

17. Ethan's rating of the film The Last Days of Disco

This film is worth it just to see the lovely Kate Beckingsale.

18. Ronja's rating of the film The Last Days of Disco

what a dull era that was! at least that's the impression I got from the film... I was constantly amazed by how unhappy and terrorised (by society?) all the characters are in the film.

19. Muraki's rating of the film The Last Days of Disco

i just want to live in this movie.

20. lina maj's rating of the film The Last Days of Disco

How can you make disco party scenes so monotonous and boring?!!!

21. Khashayar Mohammadi's rating of the film The Last Days of Disco

Watching this film is like being stuck in a room, forced to hang out with everyone you hate. However I really do appreciate and respect the well-developed, realistic characters.

22. RodrigoPereira's rating of the film The Last Days of Disco

23. thomasjeff16's rating of the film The Last Days of Disco

People all over the world, join hands. Start a love train, love train!

24. alphonse's rating of the film The Last Days of Disco

Whit Stillman is regarded as one of the finest contemporary screenwriters, so I decided to watch The Last Days of Disco, a heartfelt, engaging love letter to the disco era. While I can agree Stillman most certainly knows how to write great dialogue (featuring some memorable lines and brilliant individual scenes), the film never really comes together because there's not enough plot nor truly remarkable characters.