1. ig_____or's rating of the film The Last Emperor

They just don't make films like this anymore, a true epic. The names and titles might change, but there always will be "emperors".

2. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film The Last Emperor

Mostly can't get over opium addict Joan Chen.

3. Philippe Lajède's rating of the film The Last Emperor

4. Adri Azhari's rating of the film The Last Emperor

Terkadang kisah nyata lebih aneh dari fiksi. Tentang seorang yang tak punya kuasa saat ia sedang berada di tampuk kekuasaan. Paradox memang. Tragis

5. Ethan's rating of the film The Last Emperor

In my opinion this movie is highly overrated. It's boring as shit and long as fuck. I'm sure there were more deserving films for the Academy Award in 1987.

6. smndvdcl's rating of the film The Last Emperor

Another triumph of cinematography over characterisation and narrative arc.

7. Balthaz21's rating of the film The Last Emperor

8. anacecil's rating of the film The Last Emperor

Excelente !!! Todo es bueno en esta maravillosa película histórica !!! La majestuosidad de la Ciudad Prohibida es increible !!!

9. Howard Fritzson's rating of the film The Last Emperor

Joan Chen is a great camera subject and a talented actress but she alone is not enough. The film is ravishing but not much else.

10. James Mackin's rating of the film The Last Emperor

A very well-made Oscar film. Should've been in Mandarin, but oh well.

11. film's rating of the film The Last Emperor

12. Andrew Miller's rating of the film The Last Emperor

I watched it at the time out of a sense of duty.

13. akunfilmku's rating of the film The Last Emperor

1: in English? Seriously? But still, intriguing.

14. Ginarley's rating of the film The Last Emperor

Wonderfully shot but for some reason I just couldn't engage with the characters in the story and I found myself not really caring what happened to any of them. I am not sure flicking between the older and younger versions of the lead really worked as well as it could have either, and perhaps this disengaged me a bit.

15. Cid Medeiros's rating of the film The Last Emperor

Lyrical and glorious in all its cinematography. The forbidden city plays a major role in the viewer's enchantment. Surely Bertolucci achieved the impact on the screen goal, but I missed a more strong approach on the boy's psychological isolation. Maybe that's due the autobiographical source used. Anyways, overall it's not only educational but a piece of art.

16. Benjamin Bello's rating of the film The Last Emperor

Début du XXe siècle, la Chine impériale vit ses derniers instants. Un film biographique de l'ultime empereur de Chine : Puyi ; qui délivre par une narration chronologique entremêlée, l'émergence de la République de Chine. Une mise en scène et des costumes qui poussent à l'émerveillement, un travail de recherche historique riche et palpitant. Élégant.

17. SPQRNH's rating of the film The Last Emperor

Grande fresque historique comme Bertolucci sait les faire, classiques mais superbes, 'Le Dernier Empereur' captive autant par la qualité de sa réalisation ou le jeu des acteurs que le soin apporté aux costumes et à la musique. Grandiloquent, voire pompeux pour certains, mais tellement agréable à regarder !

18. lance_vance's rating of the film The Last Emperor

Imperial and Colonial. This goes with my Bridge over the River Kwai, Gandhi trilogy.

19. azoulay's rating of the film The Last Emperor

La première partie est belle et riche, des décors une mise-en-scène des costumes prodigieux un délire visuel et sensuel puis la deuxième partie nous est jouée façon grand film historique parfois viscontien, trop souvent hollywoodien.

20. film_lies101's rating of the film The Last Emperor

Wonderful cinematography and production design, other than that not much else to recommend. The English dialogue is really stilted and awkward

21. Ros69's rating of the film The Last Emperor

Quando sei lì tutta la Storia del mondo è con te: colori e suoni, miti e vite. T

22. msmichel's rating of the film The Last Emperor

One of the last great epics before the digital effects age. Craftmanship at its very best well deserving of its 9 oscar wins that year. The oscar winning score is a classic. Cinematographer Vittorio Storaro captured perfection here. The images of the forbidden city are breat taking. Not really a performance film as much as a craftsman picture. Lone somewhat underwhelming but fine performances by Chen and Wu.

23. lukasbicho's rating of the film The Last Emperor

Me quedé dormido en el cine...

24. pandakuma's rating of the film The Last Emperor

beautifully designed, cinematographed and directed. this masterpiece is just like emperor pu yi himself, special and one of a kind.